Bold and the Beautiful star Darlene Conley died of stomach cancer on Sunday in Los Angeles.
She has starred on the show as Sally Spectra for 20 years, and was diagnosed with cancer only three months ago. Producers and writers were actually developing a storyline for her to deal with the diagnosis.
Besides The Bold and the Beautiful and three other soaps (Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless, and General Hospital), Conley guest-starred on several other TV shows, including The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Murder, She Wrote, Highway To Heaven, The Jeffersons, Little House on the Prairie, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Gunsmoke, Cagney and Lacey, and Ironside. She also did the voice of Mrs. Claus in Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July.
- At 8, NBC has a new, two-hour Deal Or No Deal (with a contestant from Santa Claus, IN!), then a new 1 vs. 100.
- ABC Family has The Polar Express at 8, then Frosty's Winter Wonderland.
- Emeril cooks with alcohol on Food Network at 8. It's followed by a new Unwrapped.
- CNN has a Larry King Live marathon on all day and night, while TLC is doing the same with Mythbusters.
- Nickelodeon has various Xmas shows all night, including SpongeBob, Danny Phantom, Full House, and Roseanne.
- Also at 8: Disney has The Santa Clause, then The Santa Clause 2.
- At 9, Lifetime has Home for Christmas.
- Comedy Central has Bad Santa at 9.
- There's a new Monday Night RAW at 9 on USA.
- At 11, Hallmark has The Night They Saved Christmas.
- At 7, CBS has 60 Minutes.
- NBC has a new Football Night In America at 7, followed by It's A Wonderful Life.
- Lifetime has All She Wants For Christmas at 7, followed by Holiday Wishes.
- ABC Family has Frosty's Winter Wonderland at 7, then 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, The Year Without A Santa Claus and Rudolph's Shiny New Year.
- There's an Xmas episode of The Honeymooners on American Life at 7.
- Nickelodeon and Food Network are running holiday programming all night.
- AMC is running Miracle on 34th Street all night.
- TBS has A Christmas Story all day and night.
- Nickelodeon is showing Xmas eps of many shows, including Fairly Odd Parents, Full House, and The Cosby Show.
- TV Land is doing the same, with The Andy Griffith Show, Three's Company, Little House on the Prairie, Good Times, All in the Family, and others.
- Also: Hallmark has various holiday movies all night.
- At 9, CBS has A Very Married Christmas.
- Comedy Central has Bad Santa at 9.
- At 10:30, TCM has Christmas In Connecticut.
- At 11:30, ABC, CBS, and NBC have Christmas Eve services from Rome and other places around the world.
1. CSI (CBS)
2. Sunday Night Football (NBC)
3. Deal Or No Deal - Mon (NBC)
4. 60 Minutes (CBS)
5. Survivor (CBS)
6. Heroes (NBC)
7. Extreme Makeover (ABC)
8. Cold Case (CBS)
9. Shark (CBS)
10. Without A Trace (CBS)
11. Criminal Minds (CBS)
12. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (CBS)
13. Sunday Night Pre-Kick (NBC)
14. The Amazing Race (CBS)
15. Frosty The Snowman (CBS)
16. CSI: NY (CBS)
17. ER (NBC)
18. House (FOX)
19. CSI: Miami (CBS)
20. Two and a Half Men (CBS)
DreamWorks Animation SKG will be producing an original half-hour holiday special for ABC. The special Shrek the Halls will feature the voices of the entire original cast - Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Eddie Murphy and Antonio Banderas.
We won't be seeing holiday-themed Shrek on the air until 2007. Why? Well, animation done right takes time, but so does building a lasting franchise. According to DreamWorks' Jeffrey Katzenberg, the events of Shrek the Halls will pick up after the events of the yet-to-be-released third Shrek film.
I'm sure the Shrek special will be great, but can anyone really top a dentist elf, unhappy Yeti and misfit reindeer? Shrek is so postmodern in its sensibility that I'm sure it will be incorporating references to all the classic holiday specials anyway. It's the dawning of a hyper-referential pop culture Christmas.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'Dance Moms' Preview: Kalani's Mom Invites a New Dance Coach to the ALDC
- 'Scream' Review: Does MTV's New Slasher Series Live Up to the Movie Franchise?
- 'Zoo' Review: A New Summer Drama That Leaves Something to Be Desired
- 'RHONYC' Marks 100th Episode with Epic Meltdown
- Is Gretchen Rossi Returning to 'The Real Housewives of Orange County'
- More From BuddyTV
- Blind Item: Will This Be the Fall's Most Divisive Television Event?
- Ratings: Whispers Slips to Season Lows
- Fall TV: NCIS vs. Stamos vs. Muppets, and Tuesday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Outlander Casts Harry Potter Actress as Season 2's Mother Hildegarde
- Wayward Pines Video: Will Kate Help Ethan Defuse an Explosive Situation?
- More From TVLine
- NSFW! Chrissy Teigen Goes Topless for 'W,' Fights With Instagram to Post It
- Caitlyn Jenner Steps Out In NYC Wearing Figure-Hugging Black Bandage Dress
- 13 Hollywood Hotties Who Should Bring Their Magic to the Next 'Magic Mike'
- Double Take! Kris Jenner Copies Justin Bieber's Style!
- Lori Loughlin Shows Off Amazing Abs at 50
- More From ET