funniest home videos
If you've had enough of shows being imported to the US from the UK, maybe some Japanese grown entertainment will work for you. On the heels of ABC's upcoming Wipeout, and Fox's Hole In The Wall, another popular Japanese game show could be crossing the Pacific.
Vin Di Bona Productions, of America's Funniest Home Videos fame, has acquired the rights to Masquerade (Kasou Taishou). The show, which the linked article calls Japan's longest running hit series, finds contestants using costumes, props, and sets to create performances that trick the eye. Sound confusing? I thought so too. There are a couple videos of just what that entails after the jump. Having now watched them, it is an interesting concept, but I don't see it being an idea that works as a weekly series. As far as I can tell, it's only done a couple of times a year in Japan. That sounds much more reasonable to me. Of course, I never would have guessed that dad getting hit in the nuts with a Wiffle ball bat would still be working after 19 years either.
[ via Reuters ]
- At 7, ABC has a new America's Funniest Home Videos, followed by new episodes of Extreme Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers & Sisters.
- CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7, followed by new episodes of The Amazing Race, Cold Case, and Without A Trace.
- NBC has a new Football Night In America at 7, followed by the Raiders vs. the Broncos.
- The CW has new eps of 7th Heaven and Runaway, starting at 7.
- FOX has more baseball at 7:30, the Mets vs. the Cardinals.
- At 8, Emeril cooks up some "Ballpark Foods" on a new Emeril Live on Food Network.
- Comedy Central has The Night Of Too Many Stars, a benefit for autism. It's on at 8 and is hosted by Jon Stewart.
- Around 8:20, TCM has the classic movie Touch of Evil.
- At 10, Lifetime has a new Angela's Eyes.
- There's a new ep of The Wire on HBO at 10.
- Also at 10: Showtime has a new Dexter.
- ABC has two repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos, starting at 8, followed by a new 20/20.
- CBS has new eps of Ghost Whisperer, Close To Home, and Numb3rs.
- There's a new Tim McGraw special on NBC at 8, followed by new eps of Las Vegas and Conviction.
- FOX has two new eps of Bernie Mac and a new Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy.
- UPN has a new Smackdown! at 8, while the WB has a new Survival of the Richest, a repeat Reba, then a new Modern Men.
- Everyone should watch Countdown with Keith Olbermann, on MSNBC at 8.
- ESPN2 has kickboxing at 8, followed by regular boxing at 9.
- A&E has a new Biography: "Hairdos and Heartache: The Women Of Country Music." It's on at 8 too.
- USA continues coverage of the Masters golf tournament at 8.
- At 9, Cartoon Network has a new My Gym Partner Is A Monkey, followed by a new Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi.
- At 10:30, IFC has a repeat Dinner For Five with Tony Shalhoub, Kevin James, Burt Reynolds, and Richard Lewis joining Jon Favreau.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'DIG' Exclusive Clip: Will Debbie Be Saved?
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Leave the Top 9?
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- More From BuddyTV
- April Fools' Day: 25 Twisted Plot Tricks from Alias, Arrow, Buffy, PLL & More
- Ratings: New Girl, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie Lows; Weird Loners Has Few Friends
- X-Files Revival: Cigarette-Smoking Man, Walter Skinner Set to Return
- Supernatural's Jim Beaver on Bobby's 'Wistful' Heaven, Concerns About Dean
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- More From TVLine
- Ingrid Michaelson Opens Up About New Music After Losing Mom: 'I Have a Different Mind Now'
- Chris Rock Posts Selfie of Himself Getting Pulled Over for the Third Time in 7 Weeks
- Monica Lewinsky Is Not Joining 'The View': 'This Is Obviously Not Happening'
- Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Health Crisis: 'I Thought I Was Dying'
- 'Arrow' Fave Dishes on Mama Smoak's Return and the Secrets of Felicity's Father
- More From ET