FOX asked the show's executive producer Josh Berman to wrap up the storyline in 13 episodes, the same thing that NBC asked the makers of Kidnapped to do (that show has been shoved over to Saturday nights). There's no such like for fans of CBS' Smith, which was simply canceled. (Actually, I thought Vanished was simply canceled too, but I guess it has come back to life, if temporarily.)
I wonder when the networks will start toying with the idea of giving shorter seasons to a show and giving viewers the confidence of investing in a show, especially one with an ongoing, season long mystery?
In an interview with TV Guide's Ausiello, Berman says it was their way of "thinking outside the box", a directive from Fox when they started the show. He said he and the writers realized that Kelton was getting closer than they planned to solving the mystery of the missing Sara Collins, so it was time for him to die. Berman also says that Harold was pumped about his character's death and even suggested the scene where his estranged wife gives back his wedding ring as a way to wrap up that subplot. The new lead detective on the show is Det. Danny Lucas, played by Eddie Cibrian. Berman also said a lot of the mystery about Collins' disappearance will be wrapped up by the 13th episode, as the show has not yet received an order for a full season. If it does, Berman has plans for new plot lines.
Now it's time for the Vanished fans to chime in: Was killing off Det. Kelton a good or a bad move?
How do you describe Fox's new criminal drama Vanished? Well, combine the premise of Without a Trace with the technology shown on CSI, expand one episode to cover an entire season, and have all of the suspects become main characters on the show. Oh, and thrown in so many twist and turns that your head begins to spin.
You can also describe Vanished this way . . . a pretty decent show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Season 3 Premiere: 19 Moments from Joy to Misery in 'New Blood'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.15 Photos: Unlikely Alliances
- 'The 100' Episode 2.15 Photos: Time for a Battle!
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Has Jimmy Discovered His Calling?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Which Coach Makes a Major Comeback?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt
- More From TVLine
- Tom Hanks Reveals How He Landed a Role in Carly Rae Jepsen's Music Video – and It's Amazing
- Your Favorite WB Stars: Where Are They Now?
- 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' Superlatives: Biggest Mean Girl, Most Delusional & More!
- Sad News, Jared Leto Cut Off His Beautiful Long Hair
- Maggie Smith to Leave 'Downton Abbey': 'I Certainly Can't Keep Going'
- More From ET