The ballad about infidelity has been adapted by Lifetime in a new made-for-TV-movie 'Unanswered Prayers' (airing tonight at 9PM ET). Ben Beck (Eric Close) and wife Lorrie (Samantha Mathis) find their marriage test when he runs into his old high school flame Ava Andersson (Madchen Amick).
TV Squad spoke to Brooks and Close about turning a song into a movie and how infidelity is a bitch.
Based on 1990's 'Unanswered Prayers,' the country star's No. 1 hit about a married man who runs into an old high school flame and realizes that she "wasn't quite the angel that I remembered," the cable network has cast Eric Close ('Without a Trace') and Samantha Mathis ('The American President') as the married couple and Madchen Amick ('Twin Peaks') as the one who got away.
- At 8, NBC has a new 1 vs. 100, followed by new episodes of Friday Night Lights and Las Vegas.
- The CW has a new Smackdown! at 8.
- PBS has a new NOW at 8, then new episodes of Washington Week and Bill Moyers Journal.
- Sci-Fi has a new Flash Gordon at 8.
- At 9, CBS has the special Garth Brooks: Live in L.A.
- There's a new How To Look Good Naked on Bravo at 9.
- USA has a new Monk at 9, then a new Psych.
- At 10, ABC has a new 20/20.
- Bravo has two new episodes of Top This Party starting at 10.
- E! has a new episode of The Soup at 10.
- Sci-Fi has a new Stargate Atlantis at 10.
- Also at 10: Food Network has a new Paula's Party.
- At 11, HBO has a new Real Time with Bill Maher.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Last night's Idol was one of the liveliest shows in the past few weeks. Not because of the performances, but because of everybody else. First off , Whoopi and Chris Rock? When I first spotted them in the crowd, I rewinded my DVR five times to verify that it was them. On the fourth rewind, I had them pegged as impersonators...and darn good ones. But nope, it was them. How funny is it that Chris Rock & Whoopi show up on country night? They're both huge Kenny Rodgers fans, I'm sure.
And it appears that Ryan (like so many men recently) has gone the way of the beard.