"A group of people said something to me," he said. "The tone was weird and I turned to be like, what's the tone? And that was ... it was kind of like the lights went out." DeGraw said he doesn't remember much after that, but a 911 call had reported he had been hit by a cab. "I'm told I got clipped by a taxi. My head was already so rocked from the concussion."
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 10 'Supernatural' Characters Who Need to Return
- 'Arrow': 19 Moments of Obsession, Pain, Romance and Evil from 'Draw Back Your Bow'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Suspects: Who Killed Sam?
- [Video] 'Covert Affairs' Exclusive Clip: Joan and Ryan Team Up to Find Auggie
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 15 Devastating Moments for Jax in 'Suits of Woe'
- More From BuddyTV
- Better Call Saul Gets Two-Night February Premiere on AMC
- Parks and Rec: Rob Lowe, Rashida Jones Returning for Final Season
- New Girl Photos: Jess and Cece Throw Down, Nick Gets a New Bed Buddy
- HTGAWM's Tom Verica on Playing Dead, Kissing Bonnie and Snapping That Sexy, Shirtless Selfie
- Secrets and Lies First Look: ABC's New Ryan Phillippe Drama Unveils Killer Promo #WhoKilledTom
- More From TVLine
- 'The Graduate' Director Mike Nichols Passes Away at 83
- Rob Kardashian Is Selling Onesies Now
- Golden Retriever Epically Fails During Dog Show, Wins All Our Hearts in the Process
- Sean Hayes Marries Longtime Partner After 8 Years of Dating
- Whoopi Goldberg Breaks Down Sobbing Over Director Mike Nichols' Death
- More From ET