george of the jungle
- Julius Carry: He was probably best known for his role as Lord Bowler on The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Carry was also a regular on The District, Doctor, Doctor, and Do Over, and had recurring roles on Murphy Brown, Boy Meets World, and Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place. He also did guest spots on many other shows, including Columbo, Diagnosis Murder, Spin City, Caroline in the City, Earth 2, Grace Under Fire, Hill Street Blues, Empty Nest, Tales from the Crypt, Murder, She Wrote, Moonlighting, and many others. His last role was on an episode of The Unit. He also appeared in such movies as The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh, Moving, The Last Dragon, and The Man with One Red Shoe. He died of pancreatic cancer at age 56.
I was thinking about treating myself to a Brisco County marathon this weekend, and now I think that's a definite.
There's actually nothing on this list I want to buy. I'm not into Hannah Montana, I've never seen an episode of Bleach, I wasn't a big Married with Children fan, and I haven't bought any previous seasons of Perry Mason, so I might actually save some money this week.
I like Chelsea Handler though. Not sure if it's worth buying Girls Behaving Badly just for her.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? - Season 7
- Bleach - Season 2
- Camp Rock - Extended Rock Star Edition
- Dexter - Season 2
- Galaxy Rangers - Vol. 2
- George of the Jungle - Season 1
- Girls Behaving Badly - Chelsea Handler Exposed
- Gossip Girl - Season 1
- Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus - Best of Both Worlds 3-D Concert
- House - Season 4
- Justice League - Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
- Kenny vs. Spenny - Season 4 (Canada)
- Married with Children - Season 9
- Perry Mason - Season 3, Vol. 1
- Spider-Man - Dr. Octopus
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1
- Transformers - Season 1
- Wayside - Season 1
- William Tell - Best Of
We've talked a lot here at TV Squad about movies made from TV shows. A while back, Anna listed her picks for the 10 best movies based on TV shows, and then Paul listed his picks for the 10 worst. (I also chimed in with my picks for 5 TV shows that are better than the original movie). Now Rotten Tomatoes picks the 50 best movies made from TV shows, and the results are...odd.
Now, some of the choices are predictable if not accurate, including Star Trek II, Wayne's World, South Park, Mission: Impossible, The Untouchables, and The Brady Bunch Movie. And fans of Firefly will be happy to see Serenity on the list (and in the top 10!).
- At 8, FOX has the season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance.
- ABC has the season finale of Ugly Betty at 8, followed by the season finale of Grey's Anatomy.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, then the season premiere of Last Comic Standing.
- HGTV has a new Designed To Sell at 8, followed by new episodes of Myles of Style and Divine Design.
- At 8:30, ESPN has the NBA Playoffs.
- At 9, Cartoon Network has a new George of the Jungle.
- At 10, Spike has a new TNA Impact.
- At 10:15, HBO Comedy has a new First Look at the Sex and the City movie.
- At 10:30, Comedy Central has the season premiere of Reno 911.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Saturday mornings in 1967 were super. And I mean that literally. All eleven shows that premiered during this time featured one form of superhero or another. Be it heroes from the comic books, heroes of the jungle, prehistoric heroes, or alien animal heroes that shot hot lava balls from their horns. It was the heyday for these cartoons, and one that would be short-lived, thanks to outside sources who wished to limit the violence on the Saturday morning schedule. But, more on that in a later post.
Hanna-Barbera led the pack in animated fare with an amazing SIX hours of programming; three of those hours comprised of original material. Filmation was on their heels (and would gain even more next year) with 90-minutes of new shows. Broken down by network, both CBS and ABC, who had finally woken up and gotten into the Saturday morning game, offered four new shows each. NBC wasn't far behind with three new offerings.
Needless to say, the 1967-68 season was an exciting one for a child. So, if you were a child back then, and are interested in remembering what you watched, then grab you box of Quisp & Quake cereal and let's begin the journey.
- At 8, CBS has a new Survivor, then new episodes of CSI and Without A Trace.
- Fox has a new American Idol at 8, followed by a new Don't Forget The Lyrics.
- NBC has new episodes of My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs, and ER.
- HGTV has a new Designed To Sell at 8, then new episodes of Myles of Style and Divine Design.
- AMC has The Graduate at 8.
- At 8:30, Cartoon Network has a new Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, followed by a new George of the Jungle.
- At 9, TruTV has a new episode of The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest.
- Food Network has a new Chefography at 9, on Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman.
- At 9:30, VH-1 has a new Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, then a new I Know My Kid's A Star.
- At 10, ABC has a new Eli Stone.
- Spike has a new TNA Impact at 10.
- At 10:30, Comedy Central has a new 'Lil Bush.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Blade - Complete Series
- The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Hour - Academy Award Animation Collection: 15 Winners
- Dallas - Season 8
- The Equalizer - Season 1
- Family Ties - Season 3
- General Hospital: Night Shift - Season 1
- George of the Jungle - Complete Series
- Girlfriends - Season 3
- Riptide - Season 3
- Route 66 - Classic Episodes Vol. 1
- Tell Me You Love Me - Season 1
- This is Tom Jones - Vol. 2
Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
A couple of other bloggers have made lists concerning movies that have been made into TV shows and vice versa. There's The Top 10 Movies Based on TV Shows, The Top 5 Shows That are Better than the Movie, Four Small Screen to Big Screen Flops and AOL's own list. Here is my effort. Enjoy.
1. The Avengers: I tried to sit through this move twice and couldn't do it either time. If anyone can explain the plot to me, they can have my job. This movie is the exact opposite of the TV show. Boring, unoriginal, ignorant and unpleasant to watch.
2. Lost in Space: After the cameos by the surviving original cast members, stop watching. Since when is Dr. smith a psycho? I know Heather Graham is hot, but why is Don West more interested in getting laid than getting home? And what is up with the stupid CGI alien? I'd rather see a monkey with Spock ears.
A new cartoon version of George of the Jungle based on the movie version starring Brendan Fraser and not on the original Jay Ward cartoon is currently in production with a launch date set for Fall of 2007. I hate to admit it, but George of the Jungle was before my time and I never saw a single episode of it, though I am a big fan of Ward so I'm sure I would have loved it. While the cartoon won't be based on the original, the look of the characters themselves will be based on Ward's designs. The Cartoon Network series, like a lot of cartoons these days, will be done in Flash.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.7 Photos: Will Alison Win the Election for School Trustee?
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- 'Bones' Exclusive Interview: The Writers Talk Brennan and Booth's Future and a Whirlpool Death
- Did 'Kardashians' Star Bruce Jenner Undergo Sex Change Surgery?
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blog: Kupah's Big Meltdown
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: 5th Grader, Weight Loss and America's Got Talent Return Down
- The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi Doesn't Deny Kalinda/Alicia Scene Was Faked
- Amy Schumer 'Defends' Bill Cosby in Court of Public Opinion — Watch Video
- America's Got Talent Premiere: Howie Shakes Hands & More Big Moments — Plus: Who Got the First Golden Buzzer?
- Aquarius: David Duchovny, Cast Talk 'Tragic' Charles Manson Drama
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Lopez Confetti-Bombed by a Clown
- U2's Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Found Dead in L.A. Hotel Room
- Justin Bieber Covers Boyz II Men's 'I'll Make Love to You' And Absolutely Nails It!
- Kim Kardashian Topless for 'Vogue Brasil' in Marilyn Monroe-Inspired Photo Shoot
- Zac Efron's Brother Pens Sweet Poem About Struggles of Having a Famous Sibling
- More From ET