A report in the New York Post cited anonymous sources at ABC News as saying Gibson is openly hostile toward his former 'Good Morning America' co-host. "Charlie has always given Diane the stink eye," an unnamed ABC insider told the Post. "He bad-mouths her openly and often."
You'd think the network would be auditioning newswomen for the post, but according to the Los Angeles Times, the network wants a man -- someone who, along with current 'GMA' co-host Robin Roberts, would restore the Ma-and-Pa dynamic that's been traditional for eons on network morning news shows. ABC is also looking to hire from within, the Times reports.
I don't know if you can hear that rush of wind across America, but that's the sigh of relief that the Presidential election is over. Either that, or it's the millions of yawns coming from viewers like you who watched election coverage through the wee hours of the morning. Many of them, like myself, tuned into coverage hosted by ABC News.
Overall, the team of Charlie Gibson, Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos did well in keeping the action going when there weren't any results to be called, which was most of the time. Other than 11:00 p.m., the winner calls only made up one to two minutes of each hour. So, the rest of the time was used for analysis, exit poll results, and playing with the touch screen map. It was after Obama was declared the winner that they were able to relay the excitement of the election and what it meant for America.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET