by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Horrifying, Heartwarming and Hilarious Moments from 'The New Neverland'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Highlights: Elephants, Camels and Rams, Oh My!
- 'Homeland' Moments: Brody Shifts Loyalties in 'Big Man in Tehran'
- The 13 Best Comedies of 2013
- USA Announces Winter 2014 Premiere Dates for 'Psych,' 'White Collar,' 'Suits' and 'Sirens'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Sing-Off's' Jewel: A cappella 'was a dying art form before this show came along'
- 'Californication' announces series finale: Season 7 will be its last
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 12 'The Star': How will the finale end?
- 'Bob's Burgers' honors 'Battlestar Galactica' 10th anniversary
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Emile Hirsch 'was like, 'Sign me up!'
- More From Zap2it
- RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 Trailer: Spilling Tea, Stalking Prey, Blowing S*** Up!
- Showtime Cancels Californication
- Friday Night Lights Movie Is Dead
- Killer Women Sexclusive: Tricia Helfer and Marc Blucas Strip Off Each Other's Guns (and More)
- Spoiler Alert!: Once Casting Quarrel, Scandal Bait and Switch, Bold Community, Castle Predictions
- More From TVLine