September 4, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 10
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Gunn and Heid'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' First Impressions: Who Will Win Season 21?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Cast: 'UnREAL' Star and More New Faces
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Star Ashley Iaconetti: 'I Knew Jared Just Wasn't That Into Me'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More
- Nashville's Chaley Rose to Return
- Days of Our Lives Photo: Peter Reckell Returns as Bo for NBC Soap's 50th
- More From TVLine
- Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Chelsea Asks Judge to Be Reunited With the Man She Was Found With
- Move Over, Nicki Minaj! Miley Cyrus Gets Dissed by Another Rapper
- Caitlyn Jenner Reveals If She Ever Misses Being Bruce
- Miranda Lambert Posts Heart-Wrenching Instagram Selfie
- Blue Ivy & Jay Z Dedicate Songs to Beyonce for Her 34th Birthday: See Which Tunes They Picked!
- More From ET