May 5, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Josh Charles Joins Masters of Sex Cast for Scent-sesational Season 3 Arc
- Criminal Minds Finale Sneak Peek: Kate's Niece Hits the 'Panic' Button
- Ratings: Mike & Molly Slips to Series Low, Gotham Rises With Finale
- Will Forever's Jo Learn Henry's Secret? The Series' Stars Have a Theory
- Once Upon a Time Finale Sneak Peek: Heroic Regina Battles Evil Snow White
- More From TVLine
- Britney Spears Ditches Ankle Cast Just Days After Stage Fall
- Queen Elizabeth Meets Princess Charlotte
- Chris Brown Suspected of Misdemeanor Battery Following Las Vegas Basketball Game Fight
- Ryan Gosling Eats His Cereal in Touching Tribute to Meme Creator
- Britney Spears Explains Her Nasty Onstage Fall: 'It Was Really Kind of Embarrassing'
- More From ET