by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Season Finale: 6 Cliffhangers to be Answered in Season 2
- 'Motive' Photos: Meet the Cast
- 'The Goodwin Games' Review: A Great New Comedy Worth Playing
- 'Motive' Review: A New, Suspenseful Twist on a Procedural
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Wedding Bells, Lockouts and Another Tell-All
- More From BuddyTV
- FBN's Charlie Gasparino and the business of good food
- 'Motive's Kristin Lehman on NKOTB Joey McIntyre's untimely TV demise: 'Please don't go girl!'
- 'The Goodwin Games' Scott Foley: From 'Scandal' high drama to FOX comedy
- NBC picks up thriller 'Siberia' to fill out its summer schedule
- 'Glee' actress Vanessa Lengies is leaving for 'Mixology'
- More From Zap2it
- It's Official: 666 Park Avenue Returns in June
- CBS Pulls Mike & Molly Tornado-Themed Finale From Monday Line-Up
- Report: Michelle Stafford Exits Young & Restless
- TVLine Items: Has Jason Sudeikis Also Left SNL? Plus: X Factor Judges Update and More!
- Amy Schumer Kisses (Amber Tamblyn) and Tells All About Her Kinky Game of Thrones Fantasy
- More From TVLine