April 16, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 12th 2010 12:39PM
(S01E18) Joel Mchale caught a McPheever this week when Katharine McPhee guest-starred as Amber, a hot chick on campus. The format of 'Community' makes it so easy to drop in guest stars, and yet they didn't just make McPhee simply another student. Instead, we got a "Family Day" event where everybody got to bring in members of their family.
On 'American Idol,' where she came in second to Taylor Hicks, McPhee always touted herself as a singer-actress, so I was looking forward to seeing what skills she would bring to the set. While she wasn't given a very challenging role in Amber, she proved that she could hang with the big boys without sticking out like a sore thumb, so I'll give her kudos for that.
It was a blast seeing Shirley's kids again, as well as Abed's dad. Troy's grandmother, on the other hand ... I don't even know what to say. That mean old relative is a sitcom staple, but still this on went in a very disturbing direction. "I don't understand you, Britta!" Troy shouted to her at one point, and I'm right there with him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- FX Renews The Americans For Season 3
- The 100′s Thomas McDonell Reveals Finn and Clarke's New 'Obstacle'— Plus: An Exclusive Clip
- American Idol: Top 7 Song Spoilers Revealed!
- The View to Reunite All 11 Co-Hosts — Elisabeth & Rosie Included! — for Barbara Walters Tribute
- Nashville Sneak Peek: As Deacon and Rayna Watch, Scarlett's Breakdown Intensifies
- More From TVLine