gimme a break
It started with the "bowl cut" look from 'Gimme a Break.' "I actually ran into Dorothy Hamill and I told her that I loved it," said Lawrence. "She gave me the bowl, and I used it, and my mom cut my hair." There was also the curly semi-mullet from 'Blossom' and his shaven head from 'Dancing With the Stars,' which Lawrence said came from his being a fan of Richard Marx and Mr. Clean, respectively.
'The Talk' producers then slipped in a Photoshopped picture of Lawrence with Sharon Osbourne's hair. Lawrence said he told his guy to do something different that day. "I'm the Lady Gaga of haircuts," he said. We can't wait to see his "meat head."
Of course, classically cheesy schmaltz like Dancing With The Stars and American Idol continues to thrive, keeping viewers fastened to their couches amid every note sung or dance move executed by someone in a fedora or boa, respectively.
Lots of good stuff for TV Squad readers this week, from season one sets for Chuck, Pushing Daisies, and Private Practice to a new Seinfeld season one set and Cybill.
I have the Ozzie & Harriet disc but since it's Christmas-oriented, I'll probably wait a couple of months to review it.
- The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons
- Alvin & The Chipmunks - Alvin!!! Edition
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 3 Collection
- Chuck - Season 1
- Criminal Minds - Season 3
- Cybill - Vol. 1
- Dirty Sexy Money - Season 1
- Duckman - Season 1 and 2
- Father Knows Best - Vol. 1
- Gimme A Break! - Seasons 1 and 2 (Canada)
- Goosebumps - A Night in Terror Tower, Monster Blood, and One Day in Horrorland
- Inside The Actor's Studio - Robin Williams
- Meerkat Manor - Best of Season 3
- Private Practice - Season 1
- Pushing Daisies - Season 1
- The Red Green Show - 2000
- Seinfeld - Season 1: The Very Beginning
- Torchwood - Season Two
- Will & Grace - Complete Series and Season 8
Oh, they don't make 'em like this anymore.
After the jump is a video from the NBC 60th Anniversary show in 1986 (very interesting). It's rather surreal. We get to see Bea Arthur, Nell Carter, Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett from Facts of Life), Marla Gibbs, and Alfonso Ribiero sing a song about "family." That's the NBC family, that is, as all of them were starring on shows at the time (Facts of Life, Golden Girls, Gimme A Break, 227, and Silver Spoons). Punky Brewster herself makes an appearance too, but only to say three words and gives a thumbs up. Barbara Eden introduces the song. The most cringe-worthy moment isn't any of the singing, it's when Gibbs and Carter pass each other on the stairs and casually say that they love each other's shows.
Can you imagine a network doing this now? I want to see Hugh Laurie, Stewie, the guys from Prison Break, Marge Simpson, and Gordon Ramsay get on stage at the next Emmy Awards and sing about the FOX family.
[via Best Week Ever]
So you were an adorable kid on a couple of hit TV shows (Gimme A Break and Blossom), an underrated show (Brotherly Love) and endless other shows and TV movies. You want to get away from your kid actor days because you're an adult, so you drop the whole "Joey" thing and start going by the name "Joseph." You want to graduate to meatier roles, more mature roles.
So why do you agree to star in an Ice Breakers commercial with the Duff sisters and say your famous "whoa!" line? I can understand why some TV stars might want to cash in on an old catch phrase - how many times have we had to sit through Gary Coleman saying "whatchoo talkin 'bout Wills? when he got older? - but why you, Joey? (Sorry, Joseph). You're a talented guy who could probably do a lot of things, and while I'm all for self-deprecation and even some nostalgia, I think you're too young to be looking backward like that. So stop saying "whoa" and grab a meaty character role or co-star in a nice ensemble drama.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- American Crime Story: Cuba Gooding, Jr. as O.J. Simpson & More Cast Photos
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts ESPYS & More
- Humans First Look: AMC Drama Offers Eerie Take on Androids Among Us
- More From TVLine
- It's Been 10 Years Since Tom Cruise Jumped on Oprah's Couch
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Aren't Returning for 'Full House' Revival
- Why Katie Holmes Doesn't Want a 'Dawson's Creek' Reunion
- EXCLUSIVE: Mama June Shannon Reacts to TLC Pulling '19 Kids and Counting': 'I Feel Cheated Still!'
- OMG! 11 Worst Celeb Word Tattoos
- More From ET