Tough broads have feelings and faults, but they're nobody's baby. They also don't give a crap what you think of them. They dress for utility not for style, and they work -- usually in domains stereotypically belonging to men.
We'll miss you, Detective Tennison. You are the inspiration for this list of tough TV broads - the ones little girls and little boys can look up to.
(S01E01) I'm one of those people that truly believes that any TV show or movie premise could be great. Because it's not the premise of a show that's most important. Really, what does the premise of a show have to do with anything? A "great" premise could have horrible writing, acting, direction, while a show that seems to have a "typical" or "boring" premise can be great if it has good writing, acting, and direction. Seinfeld was a show about "nothing" but it was the writing and the cast that made that show great. Heck, what was the movie My Dinner With Andre but two guys eating dinner and talking for two hours?
So it's not the premise of Standoff (hostage negotiators are also lovers!) that is disappointing, it's that there's nothing really special about it. Not yet anyway. But it's a show that has promise, and here's why.
For FOX, we're covering comedies Happy Hour, 'Til Death, and The Winner. And the dramas are Justice, Standoff, Vanished, and The Wedding Album. The network was kind enough to send us the DVD screeners but, since we can't technically "review" them, we're just going to give you a short preview and our initial thoughts.
Oh, and by the way, it's great to see Gina Torres, one of the Firefly crew, back on the small screen!
Titan Books, which published a companion book to Serenity, is preparing a companion book to the Firefly television series. Creator Joss Whedon wrote the introduction to the Serenity companion, which features the original script to the movie, storyboards, production notes and behind-the-scenes stuff. No word on whether Joss will endorse the new book. Firefly: The Official Companion is scheduled for release this summer.
- In the main menu, highlight 'Play'
- Press left on your remote
- A marker on the right side of the menu will highlight
- Press enter
[Via Pop Candy]
The station's website says "the excitement and spectacular set-pieces are in place, but they are balanced by strong characterisation, distinctive dialogue and effective performances." Yes, that is a rather tempered way of saying "we love these guys!" I know it was my favorite movie-going experience of the year because 1) I went on opening night with a bunch of Firefly fans who cheered throughout the movie and then freaked out when a certain character met up with a certain toothpick the size of a telephone pole, and 2) I love those those guys!
Here are the Top 5 movies according to the Channel 4 poll:
4. King Kong
2. Batman Begins
1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
That number one pick is a real shocker, eh?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Photos
- [Video] 'The Originals' Sneak Peek: Has Klaus Become His Father?
- 'The Following': 15 Shocking Moments from 'The Messenger'
- 5 Reasons USA's 'Chrisley Knows Best' Is Must-See TV
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Salem': Iddo Goldberg would cast a spell for fast Amazon delivery (also world peace)
- 'Teen Mom 2' exclusive clip: Is Nathan 'too good to be true' for Jenelle?
- Terry Crews: 'I'm game' for Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Netflix series
- 'The Following' Season 2, episode 8: Why was the big twist revealed before 'The Messenger' aired?
- 'Doctor Who': Is a major villain returning in Season 8?
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Tuesday: S.H.I.E.L.D. Meets Thor, Raylan Vs. Eric Roberts, Sitcom Weddings & More
- The Bachelor Finale: Who 'Won'? Why Was Juan Pablo Glum? And Who's the New Bachelorette?
- Teen Wolf Recap: 'Chaos Has Come Again'
- Do You Believe In NBC's Supernatural Drama?
- The Voice Recap: Maybe Just One More Try?
- More From TVLine