Tough broads have feelings and faults, but they're nobody's baby. They also don't give a crap what you think of them. They dress for utility not for style, and they work -- usually in domains stereotypically belonging to men.
We'll miss you, Detective Tennison. You are the inspiration for this list of tough TV broads - the ones little girls and little boys can look up to.
(S01E01) I'm one of those people that truly believes that any TV show or movie premise could be great. Because it's not the premise of a show that's most important. Really, what does the premise of a show have to do with anything? A "great" premise could have horrible writing, acting, direction, while a show that seems to have a "typical" or "boring" premise can be great if it has good writing, acting, and direction. Seinfeld was a show about "nothing" but it was the writing and the cast that made that show great. Heck, what was the movie My Dinner With Andre but two guys eating dinner and talking for two hours?
So it's not the premise of Standoff (hostage negotiators are also lovers!) that is disappointing, it's that there's nothing really special about it. Not yet anyway. But it's a show that has promise, and here's why.
For FOX, we're covering comedies Happy Hour, 'Til Death, and The Winner. And the dramas are Justice, Standoff, Vanished, and The Wedding Album. The network was kind enough to send us the DVD screeners but, since we can't technically "review" them, we're just going to give you a short preview and our initial thoughts.
Oh, and by the way, it's great to see Gina Torres, one of the Firefly crew, back on the small screen!
Titan Books, which published a companion book to Serenity, is preparing a companion book to the Firefly television series. Creator Joss Whedon wrote the introduction to the Serenity companion, which features the original script to the movie, storyboards, production notes and behind-the-scenes stuff. No word on whether Joss will endorse the new book. Firefly: The Official Companion is scheduled for release this summer.
- In the main menu, highlight 'Play'
- Press left on your remote
- A marker on the right side of the menu will highlight
- Press enter
[Via Pop Candy]
The station's website says "the excitement and spectacular set-pieces are in place, but they are balanced by strong characterisation, distinctive dialogue and effective performances." Yes, that is a rather tempered way of saying "we love these guys!" I know it was my favorite movie-going experience of the year because 1) I went on opening night with a bunch of Firefly fans who cheered throughout the movie and then freaked out when a certain character met up with a certain toothpick the size of a telephone pole, and 2) I love those those guys!
Here are the Top 5 movies according to the Channel 4 poll:
4. King Kong
2. Batman Begins
1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
That number one pick is a real shocker, eh?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 2 Performance Rankings
- 'Bones' Season 10 Cast Photos
- 'Criminal Minds' Season 10 Premiere Photos: Jennifer Love Hewitt Joins the Team as Kate Callahan
- 'The Good Wife' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Alicia Says No!
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 10 Photo Booth Gallery
- More From BuddyTV
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 Promo Features Bang-in' Skye, Kick-Ass May
- Mom Casts Sara Rue as [Spoiler]'s Girlfriend, Ed Asner as New Neighbor
- Gang Related Cut After One Season
- Supernatural Season 10 Poster Promises Demonic Struggles
- More From TVLine
- Why Mark Wahlberg Didn't Attend His Brothers Wedding to Jenny McCarthy
- Shemar Moore Dishes Long-Awaited 'Y&R' Return
- Scott Bakula 'Leaps' into 'NCIS: New Orleans'
- Watch the Heartwarming Moment a Mother With Alzheimer's Recognizes Her Daughter Again
- Meghan Trainor Bares All: Her Unexpected Big Break, Being Bullied and Embracing Her Body
- More From ET