There's a joke that runs around journalism circles that people who seek a career in the printer's ink arts do so because they are horrible at math. Believe me, I'm no exception and I usually understand when a reporter or journalism scribe messes up the numbers in his or her addition. (That's the one with the cross, right?)
But even a third grade remedial math student could figure out what's wrong with the above poll that appeared on a recent episode of Fox & Friends stating the opinion of Rasmussen poll takers on the global warming email scandal. Here's a hint: it's not that they capitalized "Global Warming."
The reporting company not only refuted the faulty statistics but called it a "stupid deception." The actual poll had smaller figures that mirrored the same outcome but also included a fifteen percent "undecided" group the network somehow lumped and inflated into this poll. This kind of thing wouldn't happen if Fox simply allowed their fact checkers to wear sandals to work.
It's not only expensive and harder to do than one might think, but it also flies in the face of 24's core audience. Of course, that's not its boldest effect. These days, pissing off the right wing is more "in" than Twittering about your Snuggie.
The boldest move is the effect these new measures could have on the body of the show in ways you may not expect. You might even see Jack Bauer tie a guy to a chair and hook up his nipples to a car battery to get him to admit he doesn't put his plastics and newspapers in separate recycling bins.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- 24 is going green. Get ready for lots of forced global warming references.
- Pamela Anderson is moving up in the world and dating a magician.
- Let's hope your favorite presidential candidate has a personality: Jon Stewart's The Daily Show is the place to be this presidential campaign.
The approach that the producers seem to be taking in this series is not at all preachy or meant to cause you to feel guilt. I was very impressed by the way it focused more on the innovative technology and out-of-the-box thinking by the designers of the eco-friendly modular homes, rather than hammering me with statistics about how many resources our homes consume.
(S02E08) This episode gave us a look at the eco-friendly Earl Hickey. Who would have known that he had a burning desire to save the Earth from global warming after spending a week in a dung cottage at the Sunshine Collective?
I know I'm repeating myself, but this show continues to make great use of guest stars, and Christian Slater as Woody IMHO was outstanding here. Of course, one could be cynical and say that he was a good choice to play a stoner based on his past history--the scenes of him stumbling around his house as Earl and Randy slowly rob him of all his possessions were certainly authentic.
God must really want those kids dead. -- South Park
(S10E06) I'm like, totally cereal, guys.
If nothing else, last night's episode proved that South Park is still an equal opportunity offender. In this episode, Al Gore comes to South Park to warn everyone about Manbearpig (read: global warming), a creature who is half man, half bear, and half pig. Or possibly half man and half bearpig. No one really knows for sure because Gore is apparently the only one who believes he exists.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Season Finale: 21 Heartbreaking Moments from 'I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive'
- 'Burn Notice' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Michael Suffers from the Deal He Made
- 10 Former Contestants Who Should Be 'American Idol' Judges
- 20 TV Characters To Have a Summer Fling With
- 'MasterChef' Season Premiere Recap: Apron Extravaganza
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 11 - 'Family Ties
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 10 - 'Fakin' It'
- 'Nashville' season finale: Everyone's alive, everyone's a mess
- 'Criminal Minds' Season 8 finale: Who fell victim to The Replicator?
- 'Modern Family' Season 4 finale: 'Goodnight, Gracie' ends with a Dunphy funeral
- More From Zap2it
- Chicago Fire Finale Recap: Baby Fever! [Updated]
- Criminal Minds Finale Recap: The Replicator Is Unmasked, But Not Before Striking Back
- Nashville Season Finale Recap: Truth, Consequences and Black Boxer Briefs [Updated]
- Idology: Cheering Candice Glover's Season 12 Win, Debating Finale Highs and Lows, Envisioning Changes for a Brighter Idol Future!
- Law & Order: SVU Season Finale Shocker: Is [Spoiler] Leaving the Show?!
- More From TVLine