Will Grey's Anatomy soon be George-less? MSNBC.com's The Scoop reports that a source says T.R. Knight is upset by how the network/show handled the aftermath of co-star Isaiah Washington's uses of a homophobic slur.
According to the source, Knight was asked to keep quiet about the initial incident, which happened on set. But then, Washington caused a furor by using the word again at the Golden Globes while trying to deny he'd ever used it in the first place.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- The Golden Globes: a night of well-deserved recognition and some horrifyingly bad fashion choices.
- Jeremy Piven brings his mom as a red carpet date every time. Why? Because he's better than every one else, again.
Stars -- they're just like us. They go to parties, get wasted and say things they shouldn't, too. That's what makes the Golden Globes the best awards show. Not only do we see movie and TV stars in the same room (Leo and Lilly! McDreamy and Meryl!), the celebs really let loose. Steve Carell, Hugh Laurie and Geena Davis all gave hilarious speeches last year.
Check out TV Squad's picks to win in each category.
The species known as television viewers (scientific name blearyeyeus videoboxus) are an odd sort. When it comes to comedies we tend to converge on the same watering hole . . . in other words, we all like to laugh and we watch many of the same shows as our friends do. When it comes to dramas, though, the species can be a bit picky. Take me, for example. I'm a big fan of shows like ER and Bones, but have never watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy or Lost. There are others who are big fans of those two shows, but can't stand ER or Bones.
Why do I bring this up? Well, when it came time to write the post on the Golden Globe nominees for best actress in a drama the pickiness surfaced. That's why, rather than me writing 'Never watched the show' in my analysis of the five nominees, I decided to turn this post over to some of the other members of the TV Squad staff to give their opinions of the actresses and who should win.
So, thanks in advance to Anna, Jen, Brett, and Jay, and let's begin after the jump.
So... who will win? Who should win? I'll let you know after the jump.
What do you do when your critically-acclaimed but ratings poor sitcom gets canceled? Well, you make babies, of course!
During an interview on a Los Angeles radio station last week, 37-year-old Jason Bateman, former star of Fox's Arrested Development, announced that he and wife Amanda Anka were expecting their first child. Anka is five-and-a-half months pregnant with a baby girl. Bateman, who married Anka back in 2001, says they are very excited about the upcoming birth and are currently poring over baby name books to find the perfect one.
Before his role on Arrested Development, for which he won a Golden Globe back in 2005, he made his name as a child actor starring in such 1980's hits as Silver Spoons and The Hogan Family. He recently appeared as a patient on the NBC comedy Scrubs. Anka, daughter of singer Paul Anka, has appeared in such shows as Diagnosis Murder and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I guess I'm not too surprised by that story. ABC dumped its programming and CBS ran repeats so all those viewers had every reason to flip to NBC. Personally, I chose 24 over the Globes. I find awards shows to be disappointing because the winners never say anything interesting.
Let's face it - awards shows are mostly lots of boring stuff with the occasional exciting moment when the awards you care about come up. To make things more exciting for you, though, TV Squad has come up with this fun-filled Play-Along-at-Home game to help occupy your time during the more mundane moments. We're not saying this is a drinking game, but, you know, if you wanted to make it a drinking game, or a potato chip eating game, or whatever, you could do that.
Here's how you play along. Just keep score at home (or drink, or eat a chip, or whatever you want) everytime you see the following things happen during the broadcast of the Golden Globes:
- Trip for 2 to Antarctica (plus cold weather gear) with Quark Expedition, $22,000
- Trip for 2 to Canada, for a diamond-cutting and polishing experience, $15,000
- Lumineers teeth whitening, $4,000
- One pair of diamond-encrusted blue jeans from Denim for Immortality, $1,200
- Chopard Golden Diamond ring, $2,000
- Saeco USA Italia espresso machine, $695
- Philip Stein Teslar uni-sex watch, worth $585
- Gift certificate to Jackrocketwear, a couture line of doggie duds, $500
- Blackberry 8700c, $500
- Salt Optics sunglasses (1 pair), $375
- VAX USA vacuum, $300
- Nintendo Game Boy Micro with Dr. Mario/Puzzle League game, $250
What? No video iPods?
These are just some of the items, the HFPA has the full list here, plus the much shorter list of goodies that each attendee receives. The presenter's bag is worth about $65,000 and it's put together by the fashionistas at In Style magazine.
You know what the website needs, that it doesn't have? A Golden Globes drinking game. Somebody kisses Jack Nicholson's ass? Take a drink! Someone does an impression of Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch? Drink! Scripted, playful banter between presenters falls flat? Drink up!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'RHOA' Star Kenya Moore Speaks Out About Phaedra Parks' Infidelity Rumors on 'WWHL'
- 'The Following' Season 3 Premiere: 19 Moments from Joy to Misery in 'New Blood'
- 'Kardashians' Stars Kendall and Kylie Jenner to Get Own Spinoff?
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Adds Dorinda Medley
- Former 'Bachelorette' Star Andi Dorfman Spotted with Ex Nick Viall, Addresses Dating Rumors
- More From BuddyTV
- Video: Kelly Clarkson and Jimmy Fallon Master the History of Duets
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- More From TVLine
- Kerry Washington to Be Honored with GLAAD Vanguard Award
- Carrie Underwood Welcomes Baby Boy -- See the First Pic!
- EXCLUSIVE: Flo Rida Reveals His Sensitive Side With 'Heartfelt' New Single 'Once in a Lifetime'
- Kanye West Admits His Ego is His 'Biggest Achilles Heel,' Internet Calls Him a 'Loser'
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- More From ET