gone with the wind
I don't know if you've heard. But, apparently, the bird is the word.
'Family Guy' snuck in a nice callback to the season seven episode, 'I Dream of Jesus,' when Peter burst out with "Surfin' Bird." We got just a taste of Peter's classic dance and performance, but it was enough to bring back the laughs from that excellent episode.
Luckily, the night didn't need to rest on its past glories, as Seth MacFarlane returned to Sunday night dominance. With the failure of 'Sons of Tucson,' FOX dusted off 'American Dad' and brought the series back early to pinch-hit with new episodes. While 'Family Guy' didn't bring us the promised crossover event -- that was apparently an April Fool's joke on us -- they did play the cruelest joke you could imagine on their cast: they told them all they were going to die.
- Jeff MacKay: He was a veteran character actor who you know as Mac from Magnum, P.I. and his role as Bud's father on JAG. He was also a regular on Tales of the Gold Monkey and Baa Baa Black Sheep and appeared on other shows such as Diagnosis: Murder, Outlaws, Airwolf, The Greatest American Hero, Hardcastle and McCormack, and the original Battlestar Galactica. He also appeared in such movies as All The President's Men and The Wild, Wild West Revisited. He died of liver failure at age 60.
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Evelyn Keyes: Although she was best known for her movie work, including The Seven Year Itch, Gone with the Wind, The Jolson Story, and Here Comes Mr. Jordan, she also guest starred on many TV shows, including The Love Boat, several episodes of Murder, She Wrote, Amazing Stories, and Climax! She was once married to jazz legend Artie Shaw and directors John Huston and Charles Vidor. She died in Montecito, CA at age 91.
- At 7, Food Network has a new Emeril Live, followed by a new Good Eats.
- At 8, ABC has a new, two hour Dance War, then a new October Road.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, followed by the series premiere of My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad and a new Medium.
- FOX has new episodes of Prison Break (season finale) and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
- PBS has a new Antiques Roadshow at 8, then a new American Experience.
- There's a new Kyle XY at 8, then a new Wildfire.
- TCM has Gone with the Wind at 8.
- At 8:30, CBS has a new Welcome to the Captain.
- At 9, The CW has the series premiere of Pussycat Dolls: Girlicious.
- USA has a new Monday Night RAW at 9.
- At 9:30, CBS has a new New Adventures of Old Christine.
- Food Network has a new Unwrapped at 9:30.
- HBO has a new In Treatment at 9:30.
Check your local TV listings for more.
- CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, C-SPAN, and other networks will have coverage of the Iowa Caucus all night.
- TruTV has a marathon of Speeders all night (is this what we can expect from this network now, shows where things go really fast and lifeguards?).
- At 8, FOX has the FedEx Orange Bowl.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, followed by the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice and a new ER.
- Also at 8: AMC has Rio Bravo.
- At 8:30, HGTV has a new Carter Can, then a new Divine Design.
- At 10, Spike has a new TNA Impact!
- At 11:30, TCM has Gone with the Wind.
Check your local TV listings for more.
- At 8, FOX has a new Cops.
- ABC has college football at 8, Florida State vs. Boston College.
- There's a new Emeril Live on Food Network at 8.
- Nickelodeon has a new iCarly at 8, then a new Just Jordan.
- G4 has a marathon of second season Heroes episodes tonight.
- At 9, FOX has a new America's Most Wanted.
- CMTV has a new I Want To Look Like A High School Cheerleader Again, which sounds scary.
- At 10, CBS has a new 48 Hours Mystery.
- TLC has a new Trading Spaces at 10.
- Also at 10: TCM has Gone with the Wind.
- At 11, FOX has a new Mad TV with Carlos Mencia, then a new Talk Show with Spike Feresten, guest hosted by Jerry Seinfeld with guest Patrick Warburton.
- At 11:30, NBC has a new Saturday Night Live, with Brian Williams and Feist.
- Note: A&E was supposed to have a Dog The Bounty Hunter marathon all night. That's not going to happen now.
Check your local TV listings for more. And don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour when you go to bed!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Orphan Black Recap: Broken Boys
- Outlander Recap: Homecoming Sting
- NCIS: Los Angeles Sneak Peek: Deeks and Kensi Are Mistaken for [Spoiler]
- Revenge Goes Pink, The Goldbergs Find 'Somebody to Love' and More TV Tunes
- Ratings: Bruce Jenner Interview Draws Nearly 17 Million Viewers to ABC
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Star Sightings April 2015
- Internal Investigation Into Brian Williams Finds At Least 11 More Reporting 'Embellishments'
- Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Mess Around on 'Scream Queens' Set
- EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Jenner's Second Wife Linda Thompson Commends ABC Interview
- More From ET