gone with the wind
I don't know if you've heard. But, apparently, the bird is the word.
'Family Guy' snuck in a nice callback to the season seven episode, 'I Dream of Jesus,' when Peter burst out with "Surfin' Bird." We got just a taste of Peter's classic dance and performance, but it was enough to bring back the laughs from that excellent episode.
Luckily, the night didn't need to rest on its past glories, as Seth MacFarlane returned to Sunday night dominance. With the failure of 'Sons of Tucson,' FOX dusted off 'American Dad' and brought the series back early to pinch-hit with new episodes. While 'Family Guy' didn't bring us the promised crossover event -- that was apparently an April Fool's joke on us -- they did play the cruelest joke you could imagine on their cast: they told them all they were going to die.
- Jeff MacKay: He was a veteran character actor who you know as Mac from Magnum, P.I. and his role as Bud's father on JAG. He was also a regular on Tales of the Gold Monkey and Baa Baa Black Sheep and appeared on other shows such as Diagnosis: Murder, Outlaws, Airwolf, The Greatest American Hero, Hardcastle and McCormack, and the original Battlestar Galactica. He also appeared in such movies as All The President's Men and The Wild, Wild West Revisited. He died of liver failure at age 60.
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Evelyn Keyes: Although she was best known for her movie work, including The Seven Year Itch, Gone with the Wind, The Jolson Story, and Here Comes Mr. Jordan, she also guest starred on many TV shows, including The Love Boat, several episodes of Murder, She Wrote, Amazing Stories, and Climax! She was once married to jazz legend Artie Shaw and directors John Huston and Charles Vidor. She died in Montecito, CA at age 91.
- At 7, Food Network has a new Emeril Live, followed by a new Good Eats.
- At 8, ABC has a new, two hour Dance War, then a new October Road.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, followed by the series premiere of My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad and a new Medium.
- FOX has new episodes of Prison Break (season finale) and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
- PBS has a new Antiques Roadshow at 8, then a new American Experience.
- There's a new Kyle XY at 8, then a new Wildfire.
- TCM has Gone with the Wind at 8.
- At 8:30, CBS has a new Welcome to the Captain.
- At 9, The CW has the series premiere of Pussycat Dolls: Girlicious.
- USA has a new Monday Night RAW at 9.
- At 9:30, CBS has a new New Adventures of Old Christine.
- Food Network has a new Unwrapped at 9:30.
- HBO has a new In Treatment at 9:30.
Check your local TV listings for more.
- CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, C-SPAN, and other networks will have coverage of the Iowa Caucus all night.
- TruTV has a marathon of Speeders all night (is this what we can expect from this network now, shows where things go really fast and lifeguards?).
- At 8, FOX has the FedEx Orange Bowl.
- NBC has a new Deal Or No Deal at 8, followed by the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice and a new ER.
- Also at 8: AMC has Rio Bravo.
- At 8:30, HGTV has a new Carter Can, then a new Divine Design.
- At 10, Spike has a new TNA Impact!
- At 11:30, TCM has Gone with the Wind.
Check your local TV listings for more.
- At 8, FOX has a new Cops.
- ABC has college football at 8, Florida State vs. Boston College.
- There's a new Emeril Live on Food Network at 8.
- Nickelodeon has a new iCarly at 8, then a new Just Jordan.
- G4 has a marathon of second season Heroes episodes tonight.
- At 9, FOX has a new America's Most Wanted.
- CMTV has a new I Want To Look Like A High School Cheerleader Again, which sounds scary.
- At 10, CBS has a new 48 Hours Mystery.
- TLC has a new Trading Spaces at 10.
- Also at 10: TCM has Gone with the Wind.
- At 11, FOX has a new Mad TV with Carlos Mencia, then a new Talk Show with Spike Feresten, guest hosted by Jerry Seinfeld with guest Patrick Warburton.
- At 11:30, NBC has a new Saturday Night Live, with Brian Williams and Feist.
- Note: A&E was supposed to have a Dog The Bounty Hunter marathon all night. That's not going to happen now.
Check your local TV listings for more. And don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour when you go to bed!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: The Wedding of Tyrion Lannister
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Alcide Herveaux
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- More From BuddyTV
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' winner: Trace Adkins or Penn Jillette, who took home the prize?
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Full winners list
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Prince was an Icon before he got the award
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Tracy Morgan is a good but ill-fitting host
- More From Zap2it
- Game of Thrones Recap: Wedding-Bell Booze
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- More From TVLine