by Michael Pascua, posted May 26th 2009 9:05AM
After all of the paparazzi stories, I was excited to see what would happen to the Gosselin family in the Season Five opener of Jon & Kate Plus Eight. I had less concern for Jon and Kate; instead I was worried about the fate of their eight children. TLC threw a Jon & Kate Plus Eight marathon just in case newcomers wanted to watch.
With season four ending on the cliffhanger of Jon contemplating quitting, was the first episode of season five worth the wait?
by Kona Gallagher, posted May 21st 2009 2:00PM
Even if you've never seen a single episode of the TLC mega-hit Jon & Kate Plus 8, chances are you've been hearing a lot about it lately. Specifically, the rumors of infidelities, open marriage contracts, and staying together not for the kids, but for the cameras. One should always take tabloid stories with a grain (or a pound) of salt, but when the issues make their way onto the actual show? Perhaps there is something to them.
TLC just released a two-minute clip of the May 25 season premiere of Jon & Kate Plus 8 (video also after the jump), and, well, it's awkward, to say the least. One of the hallmarks of the show is that Jon and Kate always squeeze onto a love seat together to do their interviews. In the season premiere, however, each one is sitting alone on the couch. Gone is the playful banter; in its place is a woman who looks as though she's spending every ounce of her energy trying not to scream, and a man who just looks beaten down by life. It's not exactly the family-friendly entertainment viewers are used to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who Was the Baddest Character in Season 4?
- 'American Idol': Ranking the Winners' Coronation Songs
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Saturday Night Live' season finale: Ben Affleck and Kanye West win an otherwise forgettable 'SNL'
- 'Saturday Night Live': Amy Poehler is the best at everything, even 'Weekend Update'
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Ann and Nancy Wilson bring the Heart
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison to make her Grand Ole Opry debut on June 4
- Mariah Carey did not lip-sync on 'American Idol,' according to her rep
- More From Zap2it
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Doctor Is Out, Ben Affleck on SNL, Simpsons Finale and More
- Exclusive First Look: The Goodwin Games Cast Takes Part in a Violent Beatdown!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Nikita's Maggie Q
- Exclusive First Look: AMC's New Showville Puts Spotlight on Townie Talent
- More From TVLine