September 1, 2014
by Michael Pascua, posted May 26th 2009 9:05AM
After all of the paparazzi stories, I was excited to see what would happen to the Gosselin family in the Season Five opener of Jon & Kate Plus Eight. I had less concern for Jon and Kate; instead I was worried about the fate of their eight children. TLC threw a Jon & Kate Plus Eight marathon just in case newcomers wanted to watch.
With season four ending on the cliffhanger of Jon contemplating quitting, was the first episode of season five worth the wait?
by Kona Gallagher, posted May 21st 2009 2:00PM
Even if you've never seen a single episode of the TLC mega-hit Jon & Kate Plus 8, chances are you've been hearing a lot about it lately. Specifically, the rumors of infidelities, open marriage contracts, and staying together not for the kids, but for the cameras. One should always take tabloid stories with a grain (or a pound) of salt, but when the issues make their way onto the actual show? Perhaps there is something to them.
TLC just released a two-minute clip of the May 25 season premiere of Jon & Kate Plus 8 (video also after the jump), and, well, it's awkward, to say the least. One of the hallmarks of the show is that Jon and Kate always squeeze onto a love seat together to do their interviews. In the season premiere, however, each one is sitting alone on the couch. Gone is the playful banter; in its place is a woman who looks as though she's spending every ounce of her energy trying not to scream, and a man who just looks beaten down by life. It's not exactly the family-friendly entertainment viewers are used to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Reunion Part 2 Recap: Does Tamra Defend Her Actions?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Will the Arrival of Brooks Come Between Sarah and Robert?
- 'The Strain' Answers: Secrets of the Strigoi Revealed
- 'MasterChef' Recap: Will Cutter and Leslie's Feud Threaten Their Chances?
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Family Matters
- Time Out! Lifetime's Saved by the Bell Exposé Would Have Us Believe....
- Mistresses Season 2 Finale Recap: Bride Goeth Before a Fall
- Teen Wolf Recap: Third Eye Blind
- Mistresses EP Talks Shocking Season 2 Finale: 'Soap Operas Live and Die on Unforgivable Acts'
- More From TVLine