grace under fire
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 'Grace Under Fire' star opened up about her new reality show that's currently in development. She also revealed the intense pressure of having a hit sitcom.
"It was real unnerving and weird and it's very strange ... It's other worldly," Butler told Nancy O'Dell, referring to the bad days she'd rather forget. "I don't romance the past ... It prevents me from looking ahead at new things."
According to The New York Times, Rea died of heart failure in her home in Toluca Lake, Calif.
Rea was a fixture on television in the late 1970s and early 1980s, playing Olivia Walton's cousin Rose on 'The Waltons' and Boss Hoggs' wife Lulu on 'The Dukes of Hazzard.' The actress also appeared on 'All in the Family,' 'The Golden Girls' and 'Step by Step.'
Her last TV role was as Jean Kelly, the feisty mother-in-law to Brett Butler's titular character on the sitcom 'Grace Under Fire.'
Tom Poston, one of the classic veterans of TV comedy, died earlier today at his home in Los Angeles. He appeared on The Steve Allen Show in the 1950s and Newhart in the 1980s.
Poston played handyman George Utley on Newhart, and was also a regular on another Bob Newhart series, Bob. And to keep the connection to Newhart going, he played Cliff "The Peeper" Murdock on The Bob Newhart Show in the 70s. Poston also appeared on Grace Under Fire, Mork & Mindy, The Simpsons, Will & Grace, Home Improvement, Murphy Brown, Get Smart, Coach, The Love Boat, Studio One, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Just Shoot Me, That 70s Show, and dozens of other shows over the years.
Poston was married to actress Suzanne Pleshette, who played Newhart's wife Emily on The Bob Newhart Show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'NCIS' Recap: Gibbs Tackles a Cold Case
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Do the Candy Apples Finally Beat the ALDC?
- More From BuddyTV
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- Forever Creator: Abigail's Fate Will Be Resolved by Season's End
- Younger: Is TV Land's Sutton Foster Comedy Already Growing on You?
- Finding Carter Season Premiere Recap: Egg-citing New Developments
- Weird Loners: Will You Keep the Fox Comedy Company on Tuesday Nights?
- More From TVLine
- Legendary Singer Joni Mitchell Hospitalized
- Jamie Dornan Stalked a Woman as Research to Play a Serial Killer
- Andrew Getty, Grandson of J. Paul Getty, Found Dead at 47
- The 9 Most Insane Things That Happen in the New 'Mad Max' Trailer
- Angelina Jolie: 'What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger'
- More From ET