Kaley Cuoco to Host People's Choice Awards, Lou Diamond Phillips Books 'Southland' Role & More Casting News
"We are thrilled to welcome Kaley as the new host of People's Choice Awards 2012," Mark Burnett, executive producer, said in a statement. "She's been making people laugh on top-rated comedy series for the last decade, first with '8 Simple Rules' and now with 'The Big Bang Theory,' Thursday's #1 show. I'm looking forward to working with her on a fun-filled, comedy-packed show in January."
In other casting news ...
We reported a few days ago that two 'Prison Break' alumnus had joined the cast: Marshall Allman as Sam's younger brother Tommy and Shannon Lucio as Bill's wife (in flashbacks). Now comes word of two more casting notes:
The show has reportedly been put on hold due to poor ad sales in the local TV ad market.
Also in the news today: CBS strikes a 'Deal,' while Tyra Banks books another CW show.
See more of today's top TV headlines after the jump.
(S04E07) Well, that episode was a real tearjerker. This week on Lost, we met a few more members of the freighter crew, Sun had second thoughts about joining Team Jack, and Bernard got a little screen time. We finally got a look at Ben's inside man on the freighter, too. Things are starting to get weird on the freighter, and I'm beginning to wonder if Sayid and Desmond were safer back on the island.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fuller House: Bob Saget Officially Boards Netflix Revival Series
- Aquarius: Is NBC's Charles Manson Drama Groovy or Gruesome?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Invasion of the Body Snatcher
- Heroes Reborn Adds Covert Affairs Alumna in Enigmatic Role
- Shadowhunters Adds Being Human's Jon Cor as Hodge Starkweather
- More From TVLine
- 5 Uncomfortable Duggar Moments From the Family's Life in the Spotlight
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar & Selma Blair Have an Amazing 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion!
- Bob Saget Is Officially In for Netflix's 'Full House' Reboot!
- 'Big Bang Theory' Sets Up Math & Science Scholarship at UCLA
- 'Bachelor' Host Chris Harrison Reacts to Chris & Whitney's Split: It's 'Sad'
- More From ET