The three-part miniseries is a BBC/PBS Masterpiece co-production, and filming's slated to start in London in July. Producers describe it as "Part thriller, part mystery, with a powerful love story at its heart and Dickens' trademark wit and characterisation throughout.
Winstone will play the pivotal character of Abel Magwitch: "'Great Expectations' is my favourite novel, and I'm thrilled to be playing Magwitch. I've wanted to play him for ages ... and I can't wait to get stuck in."
But the biggest revelation, at least to me, is how personally involved Bailey got with the O'Malleys, and how she actually took a cue from the always-involved Izzie. That carries over to this week's fairly straightforward episode. "The Nazi is back," says Derek when she forces the four potential Chiefs of Surgery to sign off on her free clinic idea. But it's a different Nazi... one that feels more than she used to, while being ballsier at the same time (note how she told Burke that he owed her after sandbagging her during the whole tremor period).
Although Jane Wyatt was in one of the most classic films of all-time, 1937's Lost Horizon, she will always be remembered as Robert Young's wife on Father Knows Best, which ran from 1954 to 1960.
Wyatt starred in many films in her seven decades of work, including Great Expectations, Gentleman's Agreement, See How They Run, Amelia Earhart, Superdome, and Tom Sawyer. She made tons of guest appearances on TV shows over the years, including Star Trek, St. Elsewhere, Alias Smith and Jones, Love, American Style, Marcus Welby, Studio One, Alfred Hitchcock, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Hotel, and The Young Indiana Chronicles.
Wyatt died Friday of natural causes in Bel-Air, California. Except for a documentary in 1997, her last role was in the 1996 film Simisola.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Seth Meyers Hosting 2014 Emmy Awards
- Did ABC's Black Box Get Inside Your Head?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Before and Aftershocks — Plus Your First Look at Burke's Return
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- More From TVLine
- Aaron Carter Opens Up About Addiction Struggle
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- More From ET