March 6, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 12th 2009 3:32PM
I don't mean of one particular show, I'm talking about the best episode of any TV series? Not an easy thing to do. Just think of how many shows and how many episodes we've had in 60+ years. The new issue of TV Guide is out, and while the full list of the 100 best episodes isn't online yet (here are #'s 100-81), we do know some episodes in the top ten (TV Guide did a similar issue back in 1997).
The number one ep? "The Contest" from Seinfeld. "Chuckles Bites The Dust" from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and "Opie The Birdman" from The Andy Griffith Show are up there too, as is the pilot episode of Lost and the "College" episode of The Sopranos. What's the first episode that comes to mind when you think of great TV?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.17 Photos: Tony's Dad Offers His Expertise to the Team
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- NBC Cancels 'Allegiance' After 5 Episodes
- [Video] 'Glee': Sue Performs 'The Trolley Song' with Carol Burnett
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Lawn Chair'
- More From BuddyTV
- John Mayer Says He's a 'Recovered Ego Addict'
- Get Miranda Kerr's Vanity Fair Beauty Style
- LeAnn Rimes' Ex-Husband Dean Sheremet Details Her Cheating, Blasts Eddie Cibrian
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Tina Fey and Ellie Kemper Dish on Their Hilarious Netflix Series!
- 4-Year-Old Girl Has the Perfect Reaction When a Boy in Class Telling Her She's Ugly
- More From ET