October 22, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 12th 2009 3:32PM
I don't mean of one particular show, I'm talking about the best episode of any TV series? Not an easy thing to do. Just think of how many shows and how many episodes we've had in 60+ years. The new issue of TV Guide is out, and while the full list of the 100 best episodes isn't online yet (here are #'s 100-81), we do know some episodes in the top ten (TV Guide did a similar issue back in 1997).
The number one ep? "The Contest" from Seinfeld. "Chuckles Bites The Dust" from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and "Opie The Birdman" from The Andy Griffith Show are up there too, as is the pilot episode of Lost and the "College" episode of The Sopranos. What's the first episode that comes to mind when you think of great TV?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Pilot News: Fox Revives Frankenstein
- Port Charles' Marie Wilson Joins Days as a Woman From [Spoiler]'s Past
- Grimm's David Giuntoli on Whether a Normal Nick Can Leave the Fractured Fairy Tales Behind
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
- Johnny Depp Gets Big & Bad for 'Entertainment Weekly' Cover
- Billy Bob Thornton on 'Crazy Time' With Angelina Jolie: I'm Not 'Fond of It'
- More From ET