by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 12th 2009 3:32PM
I don't mean of one particular show, I'm talking about the best episode of any TV series? Not an easy thing to do. Just think of how many shows and how many episodes we've had in 60+ years. The new issue of TV Guide is out, and while the full list of the 100 best episodes isn't online yet (here are #'s 100-81), we do know some episodes in the top ten (TV Guide did a similar issue back in 1997).
The number one ep? "The Contest" from Seinfeld. "Chuckles Bites The Dust" from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and "Opie The Birdman" from The Andy Griffith Show are up there too, as is the pilot episode of Lost and the "College" episode of The Sopranos. What's the first episode that comes to mind when you think of great TV?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Spice Girl Mel B eats Funyuns in 'The Eric Andre Show' first look clip
- TV ratings: 'Survivor,''Arrow' and 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center' rise Wednesday
- 'X Factor': Alex & Sierra on 'Say Something' and Destiny's Child
- ESPN cancels Will Ferrell's 'SportsCenter' appearance, Ron Burgundy reacts
- 'Mob City' premiere: Frank Darabont's noir is nice to look at, but that's about it
- More From Zap2it
- Scoop: Community Casts Chris Elliott as Greendale's Mysterious [Spoiler]
- Ratings: Survivor and Flash-y Arrow Hit Highs, All ABC Sitcoms Slip, X Factor Rises
- Once Upon a Time Casting Mystery: Lost's Rebecca Mader to Play Which Iconic Villainess?
- What to Watch Tonight: Carrie in Sound of Music, Sherlock's Job Insecurity, Reign Siege and More
- Nashville Recap: Friends in Low Places
- More From TVLine