(S05E06) Ooh! Things I learned in high school! This episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia was presented as a frame story, just like The Canterbury Tales. Did the gang out-Chaucer Chaucer!? Well, no, but it was a lot funnier than the Wife of Bath, I can promise you that.
There were a lot of excellent moments (read on to find out who won the "Best Retch-Face" award, which is as coveted as it is imaginary) and they made for a solid episode, though not one to immediately jump into my favorites. Admittedly, that's an unreasonable weekly expectation anyway. Oh well. At least we got some Greenman.
With the season five premiere of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia right around the corner (Thursday, 9/17 at 10 p.m. ET), FX is trying to drum up some buzz in a way that some may construe as inciting a mass riot... I like it.
They want people to dress up like Greenman, go out in public (grocery stores, concerts, whatever), and then tweet the resulting pictures or video - just make sure you tag your Twittered exploits with "#Sunnyfx." Right now there aren't too many "entries" on Twitter, but with a few weeks to go until the premiere (and thousands of drunk college students returning to campuses across the nation as we speak), I'm guessing there will be plenty of goofy Greenman antics very soon.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- What to Watch Wednesday: Modern Family Down Under, Nashville in Concert, Survivor and More
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- More From TVLine
- First Look At Chloe Moretz and Denzel Washington In 'The Equalizer'
- Brad Pitt and Brett Ratner Enter Low-Budget Horror World With '3 Videotapes'
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- More From ET