October 7, 2015
greys anatomy in space
by Kona Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 12:30PM
It seems like not even two months ago, I was interviewing Ron Livingston about his exciting new ABC drama, Defying Gravity (probably because it was about 6 weeks ago), and now it's gone. After airing only 8 episodes, ABC has just announced that last night's episode of Gravity would be its last.
Although ABC hasn't given any official word about its cancellation, it wasn't as though it came as much of a surprise, given the show's troubles from the very beginning. According to Ace Showbiz, "It premiered to only 3.83 million viewers on August 2 and the number has constantly deteriorated since then. Last week, ABC has excluded listing Gravity on the schedule after the September 13 episode but did not give explanation to that."
The fact that everyone from the show's producers to its actors kept on describing Defying Gravity as "Grey's Anatomy in space," probably didn't help matters much either. I've seen most of the episodes, and while it could have done with a lot less Grey's-like twinkly music to signify emotions, it was a perfectly passable summer show. Luckily, for all of you fans out there, SlashControl has all of the episodes available to view online.
What do you think? Are you sad to see it go, or are you amazed it lasted this long?
by Kona Gallagher, posted Jul 31st 2009 11:32AM
Ron Livingston, who is probably best-known for his role as the lovable slacker, Peter Gibbons, in the cult classic, Office Space, is no stranger to television. He played the rakish captain Lewis Nixon on HBO's seminal miniseries, Band of Brothers, and will go down in Pop Culture history as Berger, the douche who broke up with Carrie via Post-It note on Sex and the City.
This summer, Livingston is starring in the new ABC drama, Defying Gravity, with a special two-hour premiere on Sunday, August 2, at 9:00. Described, to the dismay of many, as "Grey's Anatomy in Space," Gravity follows a group of astronauts on a planetary mission 40 years from now. While everybody's sleeping with their coworkers, they aren't quite as angst-ridden about it as their Grey's counterparts. These astronauts cut through all the BS and get down to the business of doing it in zero gravity, as any rational person would.
Recently, I was able to chat with Ron Livingston about Defying Gravity. We talk about some of the more mysterious elements of the show, how he prepared for the role, and why they're wearing t-shirts in the future, instead of Mylar jumpsuits.
(There aren't any major spoilers, but we do discuss the pilot, so keep that in mind).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Can Lady Love Prove She's Pregnant?
- 'Scream Queens' Recap: Who is the Hag of Shady Lane?
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'iZombie' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Major and Blaine Wrestle with the Zombie Cure's Side Effects
- More From BuddyTV
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals the Real Reason Loki Wasn't in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- Kanye West Says Fatherhood Made Him 'Rethink' The Way He Raps, Believes 'KUWTK' Should Be Winning Emmys
- The Dangers of Celebrity Yo-Yo Diet Transformations
- Ariana Grande Kisses Her 'Victorious' Co-Star Elizabeth Gillies and Accidentally Posts the Video
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Kelli Giddish Welcomes First Baby
- More From ET