by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 30th 2009 6:45PM
The folks at our sister site Cinematical are working hard to give you news and reviews of the best -- and worst -- the silver screen has to offer. Here are some of their musings on the latest blockbusters, indies, and everything in between:
- Kurt Russell auditioning for Hans Solo in Star Wars? Now this is something you have to see.
- Who doesn't love The Boondock Saints? See if the second one lives up to the original, when Cinematical reviews The Boondock Saints II.
- The hunter in Bambi? I think we saw quite enough of him, thank you. However, the Cinematical Seven Villains That Should Have Been Used More disagrees.
- Still not sure what you're going to be for Halloween this year? Cinematical teaches you how to make your own Fantastic Mr. Fox costume.
- Oh my God, I am obsessed with The Bad Seed. The creepy little girl in it is one of Cinematical's Villains We Love, and I can totally see why.
by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 27th 2009 2:32PM
Mal Reynolds, Nathan Fillion's character from the short-lived Joss Whedon series, Firefly, made a triumphant return to television last night. Granted, it was only for a little bit, and Fillion wasn't specifically playing Mal, but the costume was there, in all of its spacey glory.
Last night's episode of Castle was Halloween-themed, and, well, you can probably see where this is going. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Fillion had a section in his contract for Castle that says, "if ever the opportunity arises, I will be able to dress up as Mal, because damnit, I miss that (brown)coat." So last night, the worlds of Firefly and Castle collided, and Nathan Fillion once again donned Mal's brown duster as part of his "Space Cowboy" Halloween costume.
by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 16th 2009 2:04PM
I visited the pumpkin patch last weekend and totally massacred a 30 lb. pumpkin and feasted on its flesh, so I am officially in the Halloween spirit. Luckily, there's a crapload of TV to help sustain my ghoulish mood. TV Tango has compiled a pretty comprehensive list of Halloween-themed programming starting today and going through the rest of the month.
Some of the highlights include a Moonlight marathon starting today on SyFy, as part of their "31 Days of Halloween" programming. On Sunday, The Simpsons is airing their 20th "Treehouse of Horror" episode, while Monday has a some good kids' fare, with Halloween-themed America's Funniest Home Videos on ABC Family, and Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie on Disney.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Top 10?
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Ricky Gervais''Derek' gets Netflix premiere date
- 'The Bachelor's Funniest Moments': Foot fetish, orange-rind mouth and more
- 'Downton Abbey' auction lets you read poetry to Mr. Bates - um, what?
- TV ratings: Final 'Dancing With the Stars' performances rise while 'The Voice' dips Monday
- 'Grimm' Season 2 finale preview: 5 things to expect in 'Goodnight, Sweet Grimm'
- More From Zap2it
- Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy
- Criminal Minds Boss Previews Finale Face-Off With The Replicator: 'He Throws the First Punch'
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- Exclusive Preview: Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Disney XD — Plus: The Super Premiere Plan
- More From TVLine