It occurred to me that had the internet existed in the 1970s, the backlash to the jumping the shark episode would have been immediate and crushing....
(S03E10) "Dr. Pronto to reception please." - Nurse
The simple decision to recap last week's episode in such a comically dramatic style is one of the things that sets My Name is Earl apart from other sitcoms.
After watching Catalina's scene with Joy's children, I now understand why they have so little screen time. They are bad actors. While I give the show credit for using kids who actually look like their parents, I feel that these kids could easily fall into the DJ Conner trap where their continuing lack of cuteness reveals their lack of talent. As a side note, seeing Catalina with those kids really made it difficult for me to enjoy her scenes in my usual way. Hey, I'm a creep not a criminal.
This very important anniversary was actually a week ago today but I just realized it this morning as I was eating my Happy Days cereal and wearing my Fonz pajamas and Ralph Malph slippers.
September 20th marked the 30th Anniversary of the day Arthur Fonzarelli (aka "Fonzie," aka "The Fonz") put on his leather jacket and a pair of water skis and jumped over a cage filled with
stock footage of a man eating shark. Of course, we know that the famous episode launched a very successful catch phrase and web site called "What choo talkin' bout Willis?"
After the jump, a video of that classic TV moment. I haven't seen an episode of Happy Days in years, but it was probably well on its way to getting away from the original intent of the show before this. But yeah, this scene is even more ridiculous than you remember it.
1. "Aeyyy!" OK, so technically this isn't a "word," but you can't deny the popularity of the trademark call of coolness from the one and only Fonz of Happy Days.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' eliminated singer Emily Piriz: 'Idol' was like an alternate universe
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, episode 14: For a hospital that banned relationships, there sure are a lot of relationships
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 7, episode 17: Penny faces reality in 'The Friendship Turbulence'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Um ... where did Katherine just go?!
- 'Vikings' Season 2, episode 2 recap: 'Invasion' comes with a huge time jump
- More From Zap2it