A lot of people who started watch JAG a little later in the show's run might not realize that the first season of the show was on NBC, not CBS. NBC canceled it after the first season, and in a rare move, another network (CBS) picked it up. But at the end of the first season, there was an episode titled "Skeleton Crew." NBC never showed the episode because they canceled the show. And when the second season started, CBS decided not to show the episode either, because Catherine Bell played David James Elliott's girlfriend in the episode, and she would later be on the show as Mac. Certain scenes of the episode were shown later, however, in another episode.
But fans, there's good news: the episode will finally be seen when the first season DVD set hits stores! The set will be released on July 25.
Anyway, the first season of the show is finally coming out on DVD. It will be six DVDS, and these will be episodes from when it was on NBC (it later went to CBS when NBC canceled it - fools!). Paramount will release the set on July 25, complete with a couple of featurettes on the making of the show, plus a commentary from creator Donald Bellisario on the pilot ep.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Season 6 photos: Ninjas attack!
- 'Arrow' and 'The Flash': Crossovers are 'always on the table'
- 'Scandal' Season 3, episode 12: Mellie warns 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'
- 'Banshee's' Demetrius Grosse: Emmett needs to take a step back from Banshee
- 'Veronica Mars' newbie reacts to the series finale cliffhanger: Season 3 can't just end like that
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Beauty and the Beast Winter Finale Sneak Peek: Cat. Gabe. Awkwardness!
- Jessie Sneak Peek: Is Emma Getting a J-O-B…?!
- What to Watch Friday: Undercover Employees, Raising Hope Baby Talk, New Clone Wars & More
- Scandal Recap: 'What Is That, Latin for Dweeb?'
- Greek's Spencer Grammer Joins ABC Pilot Saint Francis Opposite Michael Imperioli
- More From TVLine