A lot of people who started watch JAG a little later in the show's run might not realize that the first season of the show was on NBC, not CBS. NBC canceled it after the first season, and in a rare move, another network (CBS) picked it up. But at the end of the first season, there was an episode titled "Skeleton Crew." NBC never showed the episode because they canceled the show. And when the second season started, CBS decided not to show the episode either, because Catherine Bell played David James Elliott's girlfriend in the episode, and she would later be on the show as Mac. Certain scenes of the episode were shown later, however, in another episode.
But fans, there's good news: the episode will finally be seen when the first season DVD set hits stores! The set will be released on July 25.
Anyway, the first season of the show is finally coming out on DVD. It will be six DVDS, and these will be episodes from when it was on NBC (it later went to CBS when NBC canceled it - fools!). Paramount will release the set on July 25, complete with a couple of featurettes on the making of the show, plus a commentary from creator Donald Bellisario on the pilot ep.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET