Holy crap, how did we miss the news that the cast of Night Court was going to be on tonight's episode of 30 Rock? Maybe all of the talk about Jennifer Aniston being a guest on the show (and Oprah and Steve Martin in the coming weeks) overshadowed that news, or maybe they didn't think it was big enough news to announce. But God I think it's even bigger news! Hey, Aniston is fine, but let me repeat: this episode features a reunion of the cast of Night Court! One NBC sitcom classic meets another.
And the reason they're on the show is even better...
Cindy Williams and Penny Marshall aren't the only "classic" TV stars slated to pop up on TV Land this coming season: both Loni Anderson (WKRP in Cincinnati) and Harry Anderson (Night Court) are the first to sign on for a new series called Back to the Grind, which is not a revamped version of the MTV dance show The Grind, but rather a reality series in which actors and actresses will actually perform the jobs their characters had on their respective shows.
Seeing Harry Anderson as a judge and Loni Anderson doing whatever it is she did on WKRP could be entertaining, but I also want to see Wayne Rogers remove shrapnel from a young South Korean boy, and I want to see Melissa Sue Anderson stricken with blindness in order to reprise her role as Mary Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie. If we're going to make a show like this, people, let's not mess around.
The series premieres on October 10.
- "Never trust a hurricane named after a stripper. Next year, when Hurricane Tiffany comes, we're all out of here." - Night Court's Harry Anderson, New Orleans resident and business owner, about Hurricane Katrina.
- "Hey, that extra room? If the girlfriend thing doesn't work out, maybe that's where the nurse can live." - Dwight, to Michael, about his new condo, which will take 30 years to pay off, on The Office.
- "Your last roommate's kidney?" - Chandler, to new roommate Eddie, holding up a small dried piece of fruit and asking him if he knows what it is, on Friends.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Mean Girls' Daniel Franzese Lands Looking Role — Who Will He Court?
- Ratings: Tyrant Ends on Down Note, Final Chelsea Hits 2-Year High, PLL Up
- Deadwood Revival: There's 'Hope'!
- Fargo Boss Drops New Season 2 Intel: 'There Are a Lot of [Spoiler]'
- FX Orders Zach Galifianakis Clown Comedy Baskets to Series
- More From TVLine
- Hello Kitty Revealed Not To Be A Cat and Apparently Nothing Is True Anymore
- Meet David Muir, the Man Taking Over ABC's 'World News'
- 'Project Runway''s Christian Siriano on His Much-Praised Emmy Designs
- A Winning Couple! Aaron Paul's Wife Reacts to Emmy Speech, Talks 'Kind Campaign'
- Prince Harry Has a New Girlfriend
- More From ET