McGarrett asks Cole to turn himself in, but he refuses, claiming innocence. "I can't do that," says Cole. "I only have one chance to find out how this went down." Cole tries to stay ahead of the 5-0 task force by monitoring a portable radio he steals from a squad car.
I also talk to 'Lost' star Daniel Dae Kim who tells me the biggest (and smelliest) difference between shooting the island drama and the 'Hawaii 5-0' remake. Then Merlotte's best waitress Arlene -- a.k.a. fabulous actress Carrie Preston -- gives me a tease of 'True Blood' season 3.
Want more? E-mail me TV questions at TheTVShowGirl@aol.com and I'll try to get you answers on the show. -- By Maggie Furlong
Alex O'Loughlin fans have been begging to get him a new role on TV -- and now, he's booked it, Danno. I've got O'Loughlin's thoughts on taking the lead in the 'Hawaii 5-0' remake. Then I've got his 'Back-up Plan' costar Jennifer Lopez dishing about her stint on 'How I Met Your Mother' and going all Madonna on 'Glee.'
Plus, don't miss a hilarious reveal from no-nonsense 'No Reservations' host Anthony Bourdain, and the scoop on 'The Ricky Gervais Show' from funnyman Stephen Merchant.
Want more? Email me TV questions at TheTVShowGirl@aol.com and I'll try to get you answers on the show. -- By Maggie Furlong
But only for a week! The first season DVD set of the classic crime series was supposed to come out on February 27, 2006, but the release date has now been changed to March 6. Here is a list of the episode titles, though there is no word on commentaries or other extra features.
Take a look at the box cover. Notice how the giant wave from the opening credits matches star Jack Lord's hairstyle! I wonder if the people who designed the cover did that on purpose. Lord was an interesting guy. Checking online, it looks like he pretty much stopped acting after the 1980 movie M Station: Hawaii, which I've never seen but seems like it was probably done with the same crew/facilities as Hawaii Five-0, and was probably an easy gig since Lord lived there. After that movie he seemed happy painting, and could often be seen walking around Hawaii in a big straw hat. I remember that image from several photos in magazines in the 80s and 90s.
I enjoyed the series, but not enough to go out and buy the DVDs. Unlike my roommate, who I think has been waiting for the show to come out on DVD since 1981.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 7: Meet Adam Levine's Team
- 'Chicago Fire': 11 Epic Shayveride Moments
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 3 Performance Rankings
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 15 Surprising and Unwanted Developments from 'The Kindred'
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere: 14 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Driven'
- More From BuddyTV
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- ABC's black-ish Casts Jenifer Lewis as Anthony Anderson's Mother
- TVLine Items: iZombie Taps Veronica Mars Star, Pretty Little Special & More
- Showtime's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Pilot Adds MADtv Vet, Broadway Actors
- Agent Carter Adds Captain America's Dominic Cooper, as Howard Stark
- More From TVLine
- Ciara Becomes Latest Victim of Notorious Red Carpet Prankster
- 9 Actors With Their Own Bands
- A 3-Year-Old Boy Born Without Fingers Got an Awesome 'Iron Man' Hand
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Review: Charming and Quirky But We're Not in Love… Yet
- First Look at Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL'
- More From ET