It was to be a shining moment for Oprah, recorded for posterity on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' (Weekdays, Syndicated). She had climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 316 people -- the largest group of people ever to climb the bridge at once. The only thing left was to take a photo of the moment for a keepsake.
Now, if that helicopter would just get here and snap the photo...
"Now the money shot," said Oprah. "The helicopter swooping in!" Then: "You are kidding me."
The helicopter had run out of fuel, leaving all 316 climbers stuck atop the bridge for 26 minutes singing holiday songs to pass the time. "No, you don't wanna read my lips. Get the hell out of here," quipped O when the helicopter finally swooped in.
You know what they say: Never leave a lady waiting. Especially if she paid you and she owns a TV network.
When I say that the Burn Notice finale last night made quite a splash, I'm not talking about the ratings. I'm talking about the show. Creator Matt Nix, who penned the Burn Notice Season Two finale, really knows how to write a cliffhanger. Actually, it's a cliffhanger with a hook, because in some ways we actually went over the cliff with Michael Westen. More on those specifics -- and spoilers if you haven't seen the show yet -- after the jump.
I'm talking about the famous "Turkey Drop" scene from WKRP in Cincinnati, of course. The reason why it is the best is not what we actually saw, but what was implied by reporter Les Nessman. If anything, the way the scene played out hearkened back to the golden days of radio and the "theater of the mind".
In this episode, entitled "Turkeys Away" and originally broadcast back in October of 1978, Mr. Carlson believes that the station needs a Thanksgiving promotion. So, he decides to have turkeys dropped from a helicopter flying above a shopping mall. What he doesn't realize is that turkeys aren't the greatest fliers, especially while being dropped from 2000 feet in the air. What results is a disaster. Nothing worse to ruin your holiday than a 20 or 30 pound turkey crashing into your car windshield from several thousand feet up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- More From BuddyTV
- Kit Harington's Long Hair: Is it a Clue to Jon Snow's Game of Thrones Future?
- Heroes Reborn: Animated Character Posters Reveal the Newbies' Powers
- Falling Skies: Drew Roy Talks Confusing 'Warrior' Cry, Hal's Triangle Troubles
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- More From TVLine
- Vanessa Williams Marries Jim Skrip
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Kourtney Kardashian Celebrates the Fourth of July with Kids as Scott Disick Parties in Monaco
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Miley Cyrus Doubles Down on Patriotic Gear for the Fourth of July -- See the Pics!
- More From ET