It was to be a shining moment for Oprah, recorded for posterity on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' (Weekdays, Syndicated). She had climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 316 people -- the largest group of people ever to climb the bridge at once. The only thing left was to take a photo of the moment for a keepsake.
Now, if that helicopter would just get here and snap the photo...
"Now the money shot," said Oprah. "The helicopter swooping in!" Then: "You are kidding me."
The helicopter had run out of fuel, leaving all 316 climbers stuck atop the bridge for 26 minutes singing holiday songs to pass the time. "No, you don't wanna read my lips. Get the hell out of here," quipped O when the helicopter finally swooped in.
You know what they say: Never leave a lady waiting. Especially if she paid you and she owns a TV network.
When I say that the Burn Notice finale last night made quite a splash, I'm not talking about the ratings. I'm talking about the show. Creator Matt Nix, who penned the Burn Notice Season Two finale, really knows how to write a cliffhanger. Actually, it's a cliffhanger with a hook, because in some ways we actually went over the cliff with Michael Westen. More on those specifics -- and spoilers if you haven't seen the show yet -- after the jump.
I'm talking about the famous "Turkey Drop" scene from WKRP in Cincinnati, of course. The reason why it is the best is not what we actually saw, but what was implied by reporter Les Nessman. If anything, the way the scene played out hearkened back to the golden days of radio and the "theater of the mind".
In this episode, entitled "Turkeys Away" and originally broadcast back in October of 1978, Mr. Carlson believes that the station needs a Thanksgiving promotion. So, he decides to have turkeys dropped from a helicopter flying above a shopping mall. What he doesn't realize is that turkeys aren't the greatest fliers, especially while being dropped from 2000 feet in the air. What results is a disaster. Nothing worse to ruin your holiday than a 20 or 30 pound turkey crashing into your car windshield from several thousand feet up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 4: Sam has a reason to exist in Gilly
- 'The Flash': First full costume photo of Grant Gustin
- 'Awkward' Season 4 scoop: New showrunners reveal Ming, Collin not returning and more
- CBS summer 2014 schedule: 'Big Brother 16' and 'Extant' premieres, 'Unforgettable' return and more
- TV ratings: 'Bachelor' finale hits a season high, 'Believe' has a solid start Monday
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot Scoop: Anna Camp Is Damaged Goods In Awkward Creator's ABC Comedy
- First Look: The CW's The Flash Is Ready to 'Bolt'
- CBS Summer Schedule Scoop: Big Brother Bows Early (Again), Extant Debut Shifts and More
- Ratings: Bones Returns Up, Bachelor Finale Down, The Voice Ties Low, Beast Dips
- Memories From the Set: Bradley Whitford Talks Stints on West Wing, ER, Frasier and More
- More From TVLine