It was to be a shining moment for Oprah, recorded for posterity on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' (Weekdays, Syndicated). She had climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 316 people -- the largest group of people ever to climb the bridge at once. The only thing left was to take a photo of the moment for a keepsake.
Now, if that helicopter would just get here and snap the photo...
"Now the money shot," said Oprah. "The helicopter swooping in!" Then: "You are kidding me."
The helicopter had run out of fuel, leaving all 316 climbers stuck atop the bridge for 26 minutes singing holiday songs to pass the time. "No, you don't wanna read my lips. Get the hell out of here," quipped O when the helicopter finally swooped in.
You know what they say: Never leave a lady waiting. Especially if she paid you and she owns a TV network.
When I say that the Burn Notice finale last night made quite a splash, I'm not talking about the ratings. I'm talking about the show. Creator Matt Nix, who penned the Burn Notice Season Two finale, really knows how to write a cliffhanger. Actually, it's a cliffhanger with a hook, because in some ways we actually went over the cliff with Michael Westen. More on those specifics -- and spoilers if you haven't seen the show yet -- after the jump.
I'm talking about the famous "Turkey Drop" scene from WKRP in Cincinnati, of course. The reason why it is the best is not what we actually saw, but what was implied by reporter Les Nessman. If anything, the way the scene played out hearkened back to the golden days of radio and the "theater of the mind".
In this episode, entitled "Turkeys Away" and originally broadcast back in October of 1978, Mr. Carlson believes that the station needs a Thanksgiving promotion. So, he decides to have turkeys dropped from a helicopter flying above a shopping mall. What he doesn't realize is that turkeys aren't the greatest fliers, especially while being dropped from 2000 feet in the air. What results is a disaster. Nothing worse to ruin your holiday than a 20 or 30 pound turkey crashing into your car windshield from several thousand feet up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fuller House: Bob Saget Officially Boards Netflix Revival Series
- Aquarius: Is NBC's Charles Manson Drama Groovy or Gruesome?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Invasion of the Body Snatcher
- Heroes Reborn Adds Covert Affairs Alumna in Enigmatic Role
- Shadowhunters Adds Being Human's Jon Cor as Hodge Starkweather
- More From TVLine
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Up for Sale for a Whopping $100 Million
- 5 Uncomfortable Duggar Moments From the Family's Life in the Spotlight
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair Have Amazing 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion!
- Bob Saget Is Officially In for Netflix's 'Full House' Reboot!
- 'Big Bang Theory' Sets Up Math & Science Scholarship at UCLA
- More From ET