It was to be a shining moment for Oprah, recorded for posterity on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' (Weekdays, Syndicated). She had climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 316 people -- the largest group of people ever to climb the bridge at once. The only thing left was to take a photo of the moment for a keepsake.
Now, if that helicopter would just get here and snap the photo...
"Now the money shot," said Oprah. "The helicopter swooping in!" Then: "You are kidding me."
The helicopter had run out of fuel, leaving all 316 climbers stuck atop the bridge for 26 minutes singing holiday songs to pass the time. "No, you don't wanna read my lips. Get the hell out of here," quipped O when the helicopter finally swooped in.
You know what they say: Never leave a lady waiting. Especially if she paid you and she owns a TV network.
When I say that the Burn Notice finale last night made quite a splash, I'm not talking about the ratings. I'm talking about the show. Creator Matt Nix, who penned the Burn Notice Season Two finale, really knows how to write a cliffhanger. Actually, it's a cliffhanger with a hook, because in some ways we actually went over the cliff with Michael Westen. More on those specifics -- and spoilers if you haven't seen the show yet -- after the jump.
I'm talking about the famous "Turkey Drop" scene from WKRP in Cincinnati, of course. The reason why it is the best is not what we actually saw, but what was implied by reporter Les Nessman. If anything, the way the scene played out hearkened back to the golden days of radio and the "theater of the mind".
In this episode, entitled "Turkeys Away" and originally broadcast back in October of 1978, Mr. Carlson believes that the station needs a Thanksgiving promotion. So, he decides to have turkeys dropped from a helicopter flying above a shopping mall. What he doesn't realize is that turkeys aren't the greatest fliers, especially while being dropped from 2000 feet in the air. What results is a disaster. Nothing worse to ruin your holiday than a 20 or 30 pound turkey crashing into your car windshield from several thousand feet up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'There's No Place Like Home'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.12 Photos: The Merge and Steroline at the Hospital
- 'The Flash' Recap: The Pied Piper Seeks Revenge Against Wells
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Recap: Brandi Comes Between the Richards Sisters
- 'Agent Carter' Recap: Will Howard's Lies Estrange Him from Peggy?
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Freezer Burn
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Walking Dead's Tyler James Williams
- Post Mortem: Flash Boss on Wells' Agenda, Joe's Secret, Barry's New Girl
- HTGAWM EP Teases 'Murder Night' Fallout, Connor's 'Changed' Sex Life and Michaela's Wedding Woes
- Pilot News: CBS Orders Code Black Drama, Based on ER Documentary
- More From TVLine
- Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones? 6 Reasons He Could Be the Best or Worst Choice
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Katie Holmes Is Returning to TV!
- ‘NCIS: LA' Star Eric Christian Olsen and Wife Sarah Wright Hunt for Homes on HGTV
- Super Bowl: Watch the Players Try to Sing Along to Katy Perry
- More From ET