centabulousness." It should be a word, dammit.
The Onion's A.V. Club published a very extensive review of one of the funniest and most creative 'Simpsons' episodes, in my humble opinion: "22 Stories About Springfield."
If you haven't seen it (go punish your eyes), it's exactly as it sounds. It starts with Bart and Milhouse spitting on cars from an overpass and pondering the existence of their townfolk's lives. Then the episode goes from presenting what appears to be the start of a linear story into a very funny series of comedy vignettes featuring the show's background characters.
It's so good to this very day, I wish the 'Simpsons' would pick up where they left off with it: a peek into "The Tomfoolery Of Professor John Frink." It's already got a catchy theme song.
"You wanna know a secret, Jack? Something I've known a long, long time?" said Richard Alpert. "You're dead ... we're all dead, every single one of us. And this? All this? It's not what you think it is. We're not on an island. We never were. We're in Hell."
See? Told ya. Hell. Otherwise known as 'Lost' (Tue., 9PM ET on ABC). Put the two together and they're Lost in Hell.
Watch the video after the jump.
More precisely, you can learn about Hell on the History Channel tonight at 8pm by watching Hell: The Devil's Domain. Forgive my morbidity, but I'm endlessly fascinated by the idea of Hell in all its various forms: from the Biblical version to Dante's Inferno to the Greek myth of Hades. All those demons and damned souls always put an extra little spring in my step. I'm sick and I need help, I know.
Biggie Smalls: You got to get me to Los Angeles!
Butters: Can't you just take a plane?
Biggie Smalls: How, punk? We don't use money in hell, nigga!
Butters: Well damn, nigger, there's gotta be some way!
(S03E12) I get too emotional when I watch this show. It's just like the end of last season. The final few episodes are tear-jerkers and I'm a sucker for that stuff. That being said, I suppose that's giving the show some well deserved credit. If it can make you cry and and actually feel something, then the writers and actors must be doing something right.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Fresh Talent Boosts Taxi, Big Brother and SYTYCD Rise, Extant Falls
- Can TV's S.H.I.E.L.D. Not Reassemble Until the May 2015 Avengers Sequel?
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You
- Mircea Monroe, Aimee Garcia Join Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land Pilot
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- More From TVLine
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal In the Works After 'Cabaret' Outburst
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelsey Grammer's Wife Kayte Gives Birth to Their Second Child
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': Watch the Super Sexy First Trailer Now!
- Jake Gyllenhaal Is SUPER Creepy In New 'Nightcrawler' Trailer
- Justin Bieber Teases 11 New Songs On Instagram
- More From ET