centabulousness." It should be a word, dammit.
The Onion's A.V. Club published a very extensive review of one of the funniest and most creative 'Simpsons' episodes, in my humble opinion: "22 Stories About Springfield."
If you haven't seen it (go punish your eyes), it's exactly as it sounds. It starts with Bart and Milhouse spitting on cars from an overpass and pondering the existence of their townfolk's lives. Then the episode goes from presenting what appears to be the start of a linear story into a very funny series of comedy vignettes featuring the show's background characters.
It's so good to this very day, I wish the 'Simpsons' would pick up where they left off with it: a peek into "The Tomfoolery Of Professor John Frink." It's already got a catchy theme song.
"You wanna know a secret, Jack? Something I've known a long, long time?" said Richard Alpert. "You're dead ... we're all dead, every single one of us. And this? All this? It's not what you think it is. We're not on an island. We never were. We're in Hell."
See? Told ya. Hell. Otherwise known as 'Lost' (Tue., 9PM ET on ABC). Put the two together and they're Lost in Hell.
Watch the video after the jump.
More precisely, you can learn about Hell on the History Channel tonight at 8pm by watching Hell: The Devil's Domain. Forgive my morbidity, but I'm endlessly fascinated by the idea of Hell in all its various forms: from the Biblical version to Dante's Inferno to the Greek myth of Hades. All those demons and damned souls always put an extra little spring in my step. I'm sick and I need help, I know.
Biggie Smalls: You got to get me to Los Angeles!
Butters: Can't you just take a plane?
Biggie Smalls: How, punk? We don't use money in hell, nigga!
Butters: Well damn, nigger, there's gotta be some way!
(S03E12) I get too emotional when I watch this show. It's just like the end of last season. The final few episodes are tear-jerkers and I'm a sucker for that stuff. That being said, I suppose that's giving the show some well deserved credit. If it can make you cry and and actually feel something, then the writers and actors must be doing something right.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Pilot Scoop: Giovanni Ribisi Lands Title Role in CBS Drama Sneaky Pete
- House of Cards Season 3 Premiere Recap: 19 Must-See Moments
- TVLine Items: New SVU Troublemaker, Tosh.0's Syndication Deal and More
- Outlander Releases Black Jacked-Up Season 1B Posters
- Hannibal Nabs Zachary Quinto for Season 3 Role
- More From TVLine
- A Shirtless Justin Bieber Covers 'Men's Health,' Talks Growing Up Too Fast
- Karrueche Tran Responds to Reports That Chris Brown Has a 9-Month-Old Daughter
- Watching This Little Girl Playing Doctor With Her Patient Dog Is the Best Kind of Medicine
- 14 Things You Need to Know About 'Independence Day 2' Lead Jessie Usher
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Turns 22, Remains in Coma
- More From ET