It's like 40% of pop culture dies every year.
One of the more famous TV credits on that resume was Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, the influential 60s comedy show that no one under 30 has ever seen. He also appeared in shows like Bewitched, The Beverly Hillbillies, Deep Space Nine, Coach, MacGyver, Evening Shade, Sisters, Newhart, Magnum, P.I., and Simon and Simon.
More recently, TV fans know him from his many appearances as a judge on Boston Legal and his voice work on King of the Hill (he played Bob Jenkins). He was also in several movies, including Magnolia (he played Thurston Howell???), The Nutty Professor, Nashville, The Blues Brothers, Wedding Crashers, and a ton of others.
(S04E13) "Denny Crane, to serve and protect" - Denny Crane
Only a couple minutes into the show and the crazy meter is off the charts. Nutjob Leigh is threatening Katie. Denny is having anonymous sex with Shirley's friend and I'm having a Murphy Brown flashback.
I've lost a lot of respect for Jerry. What could possibly compel him to get involved with Leigh again other than his being a pitiful loser? It seemed like he was making progress for a while there. Doesn't he know that a woman who leaves you once is very likely to leave you again? I just hope he never takes her on a date to an electronics expo.
(S04E09) "I wouldn't sue God, he's a flight risk." - Alan Shore
I guess I'm just naive. When I first saw the gleam in Alan's eye I knew he was going to try and sue the National Guard. "Ah yes, " I thought. "Alan loves to take on the government." I was happy. I like it when people question the government. It keeps them on their toes. Unfortunately, what I didn't see coming was another comment against the war in Iraq. For the record, I think every soldier should be pulled out of Iraq and brought home. The entire thing is a ridiculous quagmire and I am embarrassed that my government is responsible for making it happen. That being said, I am really sick of hearing those same sentiments from Alan Shore!
(S04E04) "I pitched a fly rod right in my waders." - Denny Crane
In case you were confused about David E. Kelley's political leanings, the opening scene should have cleared it up for you. Let's see...Bush lied, the military is intolerant of homosexuals, got it. Sounds like a left wing to me. The scene also asks an important question...where the hell has Sam McMurray been? He was my favorite cast member on The Tracy Ullman Show. Unfortunately, he's one of the few who didn't go on to work on The Simpsons and I, for one, think he should be on TV more.
I don't really know what to make of the young matador. David E. Kelley seems to be hell bent on doing two things this season...pissing off the right wingers and pissing off PETA.
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Lois Gibson: She was a writer and story editor for such shows as The Fugitive, The Invaders, Quincy, M.E., and The Untouchables. She was also the wife of actor/comic Henry Gibson. She died in Malibu, CA at age 77.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Graceland' Exclusive: First Look at Carmine Giovinazzo as Head of LAPD's Gang Task Force
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Top 14 Dancers are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 10 Reasons to Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Which 5 Acts Will Advance to the Semifinals?
- More From BuddyTV
- Big Bang Theory Production Officially Postponed, as Actors Await New Deals
- Emmys 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actor in a Drama? Take Our Poll!
- Krysten Ritter Lands on The Blacklist
- TVLine Items: The Flash's Hot New Villain, Fargo Cop's Covert Gig and More
- Ratings: Food Fighters Pops, AGT Tops
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE! Jesse McCartney is a Geeky Guest Star on 'Young and Hungry'—Watch Now!
- Kelsey Grammer Speaks to Sister's Murderer for the First Time: 'I Forgive You'
- Allison Williams to Play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead; Drew Reacts
- Zac Efron Acknowledges Addiction Issues with Bear Grylls
- More From ET