There's no star attached as yet, but a lot of De Laurentiises -- Dino is exec producer, Raffaellla and Martha are producing for Raffaella Productions. (Giada is sticking to the Food Network.) Fortunately, the series creator, Lee Zlotoff is attached, too.
But with the Arrested Development movie clawing its way inch-by-inch towards the big screen, Mitchell Hurwitz will at least have one other project on the horizon and on the very same network that tried to destroy him. Either he's showing he's a good guy and can take rejection in stride, or he's trying to bring down the place from the inside. You make the call.
Fox announced that Hurwitz's new show, Sit Down, Shut Up, will air sometime next fall. Critics also got an advance screening at the Television Critics Association conference last week.
I didn't really grow up with Andy Griffith, but it was quite the nostalgia trip to see Ron Howard and Henry Winkler as Richie and the Fonz again. Winkler seemed to just slip back into the character despite all the years.
The list of qualities that made Arrested Development such a great show is quite long, but somewhere near the top, right after the cast, is the list of recurring characters who were so hilarious. Here my ten favorite acquaintances of the Bluth family.
1. Barry Zuckercorn (Henry Winkler)
It is a credit to the brilliance of Arrested Development that an actor like Henry Winkler, who will forever be identified with the role of Fonzie, can be identified with a character who could not be more different. The hilarity that comes from Barry's sexual deviancy and complete legal ineptitude is reason enough to watch.
This project has been in the works since last fall, when a Milwaukee tourism group announced its plan to raise funds for the statue. The dedication ceremony is invitation-only, but the public is welcome to attend a free frozen custard social following the dedication. Later that day, the Happy Days cast will throw out the first ball at a Brewers game and Anson Williams, better known as Potsie, will sing the National Anthem.
The whole actor-to-character age ratio thing got me curious, so I did a little research (with the help of some of the TV Squad team) and made a list of some of the more extreme and well-known (or, maybe to some, not-so-well-known) examples. By the way, we didn't include actors who played flashback scenes of their characters for short periods of time, as there are more of those than we have room for.
Don't Forget! Surface, Out Of Practice, Just Legal, How I Met Your Mother, and Kitchen Confidential start tonight
Not to mention the return of Arrested Development, Two and a Half Men, The King of Queens, 7th Heaven, Las Vegas, Medium, and CSI: Miami. Whoa. That's quite a night of shows, so make sure you TiVo, VCR, and/or court transcriptionists are all set.
We'll have reviews of many of the above later tonight, so don't forget to check back.
So...what are you watching tonight?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 1 Finale Recap: Elliot Searches For a Missing Tyrell
- 'ANTM' Recap: The Nicest Guy is Sent Home
- 'America's Got Talent' Results Recap: 5 Acts Head to the Finals
- More From BuddyTV
- Mr. Robot Creator Says Finale's Big Reveal 'Is the Heart of Future Seasons,' Names the Scenes That Wowed Him
- Paula Deen? Kim Zolciak? A 'Vine Star'?! Does DWTS Need a Time-Out?
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- More From TVLine
- Danica Dillon Shares Explicit New Allegations of Violent Sex With Josh Duggar
- 7 'Tonight Show' Moments That Made Us Love Justin Bieber All Over Again
- Judge Joe Brown on 5-Day Prison Sentence: It's Like a 'Slave Warehouse'
- Inside 'Little Family' Stars Terra & Joe's Wedding
- Suspected 'Dance Moms' Stalker Reportedly Arrested for Sending 'Inappropriate' Packages to Show's Young Stars
- More From ET