David Letterman started off his 'Late Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS) interview with Herman Cain by making fun of himself. "I'm no stranger to sexual scandal," he said, which drew a big chuckle from Cain. But then Letterman got serious about the sexual harassment allegations that have been leveled against Cain by several women, asking him if he would drop out of the race if they were proven true.
"One of two things will happen ... you'll be exonerated just like Justin Bieber ... or they will prevail and there will be somebody else coming forward" with documentation and more evidence. "Now will you resign if that's the case?" he asked.
Cain continued to deny that he had done anything wrong. "Let's be very clear about the allegations that have already been made. The reason that I went front and center in front of the media is that I knew there wasn't anything to it. There's no further documentation has come up. So we have moved on."
Then Letterman got even more incredulous. "So these statement are all false. All of these women are lying. They're all lying. They are all lying," he repeated.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who': 'The Time of the Doctor' poster declares 'A change is going to come'
- 'Dominion' gets a series order from Syfy
- 'Orange Is The New Black' creator Jenji Kohan developing HBO Salem period drama
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC after Sarah Palin furor
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 4 Christmas special pics: Paul Giamatti swings into town
- More From Zap2it
- Jayma Mays Talks The Millers' Sibling Rivalry, How She Wishes She Were HIMYM's Mother
- The Voice's Caroline Pennell on Tackling Bieber, Rocking 'Royals,' Accepting Cee Lo's Laid-Back Coaching: 'Everyone Else Was Standing Up'
- AHS: Coven Casts Fringe Vet as… Satan?!
- Syfy Orders Legion-Inspired Dominion to Series
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Find Out Who Will Let Down Her Hair as Rapunzel
- More From TVLine