David Letterman started off his 'Late Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS) interview with Herman Cain by making fun of himself. "I'm no stranger to sexual scandal," he said, which drew a big chuckle from Cain. But then Letterman got serious about the sexual harassment allegations that have been leveled against Cain by several women, asking him if he would drop out of the race if they were proven true.
"One of two things will happen ... you'll be exonerated just like Justin Bieber ... or they will prevail and there will be somebody else coming forward" with documentation and more evidence. "Now will you resign if that's the case?" he asked.
Cain continued to deny that he had done anything wrong. "Let's be very clear about the allegations that have already been made. The reason that I went front and center in front of the media is that I knew there wasn't anything to it. There's no further documentation has come up. So we have moved on."
Then Letterman got even more incredulous. "So these statement are all false. All of these women are lying. They're all lying. They are all lying," he repeated.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Freaky and 2 Adorable Moments from 'Dreamcatcher'
- Casting Bits: 'Scandal' and 'Castle' Add Series Regulars, Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire' and More
- Is 'Teen Wolf' Trying to Replace Scott with Liam?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Adds Jared Haibon for Season 2
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Mystery Crossover: Castle Joins S.H.I.E.L.D., Cookie Visits Gotham and More TVLine Reader Theories
- X-Files: Mulder & Scully Are on the Case in the Revival's Fleeting First Footage
- TVLine Items: New I Am Cait Teaser, @Midnight Renewed and More
- Castle Season 8 Adds The Neighbors' Toks Olagundoye as Series Regular
- The Simpsons: Harry Shearer to Return After Reaching New Deal
- More From TVLine
- Subway Reacts to FBI Raid on Jared Fogle's Home: We Think It's Related to a Prior Investigation
- Amanda Peterson's Mom Remembers Their Last Day Together: She Was in 'Very Good Spirits'
- EXCLUSIVE: Janice Dickinson Reacts to Bill Cosby's Quaaludes Admission: 'I Would Like an Apology for Each and Every One of Us'
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Bill Cosby After Quaaludes Admission: 'He's Innocent Until Proven Guilty'
- More From ET