October 13, 2015
heroes and villains
by Stephanie Earp, posted May 5th 2010 11:11AM
Friday Night Lights - Friday May 7, 8 pm, NBC
The opening episode of season four of this epic and beautiful series is called 'East of Dillon' and finds our favourite coach looking over his lot at East Dillon High, the school that time forgot. As Coach Taylor comes to terms with coaching a team without any of the advantages money can buy, his wife Tami is trying to deal with a new atmosphere at Dillon High. The tension between the haves and the have-nots is mounting. Meanwhile, Matt, Tim and the rest of the kids try to figure out what's left when football is over. Don't expect it to be easy on your heartstrings.
by Stephanie Earp, posted Feb 16th 2010 5:24PM
I am loving the latest season of 'Survivor'.
For one thing, every time I think about it, I get 'Heroes and Villains', the Brian Wilson song, in my head. For the uninitiated, have a listen. Now you can sing that in your head (or out loud if you're really talented) when the tribes march in for the next challenge.
For another, I love Boston Rob. Not in a 'TV crush' kind of way. My love for Rob is on a different plane from mere physical affection. It's the love that comes from watching countless hours of reality television and finding the characters grotesquely human - they change their minds, are inconsistent, or give up midway through a task because they are tired or hungry. Rob suffers from none of these problems. He behaves the way a written character would, God bless him. He even managed that most difficult of storylines, the unattainable girl, with aplomb.
by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 9th 2010 3:09PM
When 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst renews his contract, it's usually for two years (which comes out to be four seasons of the show). But when he renewed his contract with CBS and the show last week, he only renewed it for one year (two seasons). I'm not sure if this is because he doesn't want to commit to several seasons of the show or if it's a negotiating/contract thing. Could 'Survivor' continue without Probst as host? Or is he too big a part of the show?
'Survivor: Heroes & Villains' debuts on Thursday.
|No, he's a big part of the show.||463 (58.8%)|
|Sure, anyone can be replaced.||190 (24.1%)|
|I think Conan should host Survivor!||135 (17.1%)|
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' Episode 11.4 Photos: Will Brennan Feel Competitive with Betty White's Dr. Mayer Around?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Switch-Up Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals' Episode 3.2 Photos: Impending Threats and a Dire Prophecy
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'What Lies Beneath'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Which Contestant Found It a 'Little Scary' to Work with Selena Gomez?
- More From BuddyTV
- Fresh Off the Boat Lands Full Season 2 Order at ABC
- The Wiz Live: First Cast Photos Reveal Dorothy and Pals' Oz-some Costumes
- For Kingdom Season 2, 'Unreasonable Commitment' Was the Cast's Mantra
- More From TVLine
- Daniel Craig's 'Spectre' Co-Star Defends Him After Controversial 'Slash My Wrists' Remark
- Hayden Panettiere Seeking Treatment for Postpartum Depression
- Bradley Cooper Stands by Jennifer Lawrence Over Equal Pay in Hollywood: 'There Is a Double Standard'
- Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Step Out With Their Adorable Kids -- See the Pic!
- Amy Schumer Says She Has 'Nothing but Love' for the Kardashians Following 'SNL' Diss
- More From ET