March 9, 2014
heroes and villains
by Stephanie Earp, posted May 5th 2010 11:11AM
Friday Night Lights - Friday May 7, 8 pm, NBC
The opening episode of season four of this epic and beautiful series is called 'East of Dillon' and finds our favourite coach looking over his lot at East Dillon High, the school that time forgot. As Coach Taylor comes to terms with coaching a team without any of the advantages money can buy, his wife Tami is trying to deal with a new atmosphere at Dillon High. The tension between the haves and the have-nots is mounting. Meanwhile, Matt, Tim and the rest of the kids try to figure out what's left when football is over. Don't expect it to be easy on your heartstrings.
by Stephanie Earp, posted Feb 16th 2010 5:24PM
I am loving the latest season of 'Survivor'.
For one thing, every time I think about it, I get 'Heroes and Villains', the Brian Wilson song, in my head. For the uninitiated, have a listen. Now you can sing that in your head (or out loud if you're really talented) when the tribes march in for the next challenge.
For another, I love Boston Rob. Not in a 'TV crush' kind of way. My love for Rob is on a different plane from mere physical affection. It's the love that comes from watching countless hours of reality television and finding the characters grotesquely human - they change their minds, are inconsistent, or give up midway through a task because they are tired or hungry. Rob suffers from none of these problems. He behaves the way a written character would, God bless him. He even managed that most difficult of storylines, the unattainable girl, with aplomb.
by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 9th 2010 3:09PM
When 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst renews his contract, it's usually for two years (which comes out to be four seasons of the show). But when he renewed his contract with CBS and the show last week, he only renewed it for one year (two seasons). I'm not sure if this is because he doesn't want to commit to several seasons of the show or if it's a negotiating/contract thing. Could 'Survivor' continue without Probst as host? Or is he too big a part of the show?
'Survivor: Heroes & Villains' debuts on Thursday.
|No, he's a big part of the show.||463 (58.8%)|
|Sure, anyone can be replaced.||190 (24.1%)|
|I think Conan should host Survivor!||135 (17.1%)|
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Chopped Tournament of Stars': Greg Louganis and Brandi Chastain get athletic in the kitchen
- 'My Five Wives' premiere: Meet the women married to Brady Williams
- 'Once Upon a Time' spoilers: Lana Parrilla dishes on the 'deliciously wicked' midseason premiere, teases romance for Regina
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- More From Zap2it
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Crazy Ones, Revolution, Modern Family, Oscars & More
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- More From TVLine