'Highlights' was one of the few pleasures of my childhood trips to the dentist's office, the others being the toy at the end of the visit and a dentist who had a very liberal nitrous policy. Every six months, I spent an hour split between enjoying the games and puzzles in 'Highlights' and burning a hole through my stomach-lining with dentist-inspired fear.
One feature of 'Highlights' that always stood out to me was "Goofus and Gallant": a teaching aid using two brothers, one of whom always did everything wrong - Goofus - and one who always did everything right - Gallant.
Since most TV executives are like children anyway, I figured the "Goofus and Gallant" model would be ideal to teach them a few things about how to improve their product.
Now, it's coming back (sort of) and in addition to Boomer and Jackson, John Saunders will be rejoining them, re-creating the original troika from 1987. The essence of NFL Prime Time will be found in the 7 p.m. ET edition of SportsCenter each Sunday during football season. Essentially, they'll be doing what they did on NFL Prime Time, and in doing so, they'll be taking aim at NBC's Football Night in America, that network's lead in show for the Sunday Night Football game.
This should be really interesting because the NBC pre-game show is like Thanksgiving dinner -- loaded with stuffing. They have stars galore, including the recently added, former ESPN stalwart, Dan Patrick.
If you're a fan of Anderson Cooper 360, you can now download the free video podcast for the show. The podcast does not contain the complete episodes, just highlights, but it is free, so don't complain. Actually, you can complain all you want, what do I care?
If I may digress for a moment, doesn't Cooper look like he's posing in the JC Penney catalog in this picture? I don't know whether to download his podcast or put his shirt and a pair of khakis on layaway. At any rate, "Anderson Cooper 360º Daily" will offer about twenty minutes of highlights ever morning after the program airs on CNN. It's probably not a bad way to catch up if you happen to missed the program, or if you're like me and can't stand to sit still for a full hour.
Oh yeah, and you don't have to download or subscribe to anything if you don't want, you can just watch it right on CNN's Web site. There's all kinds of ways to get your Cooper fix, Cooper Troopers*.
*that's my new term for fans of Anderson Cooper. Spread it around.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Exclusive Interview: Shawn Ashmore on Mike's Family Tragedy and Personal Downfall
- 6 Things to Know About 'Believe'
- 'Star-Crossed': Jesse Luken on Eric's Evolution and Friendship with Grayson
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- [Video] 'Teen Wolf' Spoilers: Can Stiles Be Saved?
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT announces 'Falling Skies' Season 4, new series 'The Last Ship,''Legends' summer premiere dates
- 'Downton Abbey' cast hopes for Season 5: A 'bromance' for Thomas and more
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti calls fan theories 'crazy,' but are they wrong?
- 'About a Boy' exclusive clip: Will and Marcus have a boys' night out
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Love comes to Norma, Norman, Dylan and Emma
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Drop Dead Diva's Season 6 Trailer, Veep Sneak Peek, Entourage Reunites and More
- TNT Sets Premieres for Falling Skies Season 4, Eric Dane's Last Ship and Sean Bean's Legends
- HIMYM Star Addresses the 'Insane' Theory Making Rounds — But Does She Refute It?
- Scoop: Josh Duhamel Cast as Co-Lead in CBS' Vince Gilligan-David Shore Drama Battle Creek
- Exclusive Psych Sneak Peek: Mira Sorvino Puts Shawn and Gus in Their Place
- More From TVLine