'Highlights' was one of the few pleasures of my childhood trips to the dentist's office, the others being the toy at the end of the visit and a dentist who had a very liberal nitrous policy. Every six months, I spent an hour split between enjoying the games and puzzles in 'Highlights' and burning a hole through my stomach-lining with dentist-inspired fear.
One feature of 'Highlights' that always stood out to me was "Goofus and Gallant": a teaching aid using two brothers, one of whom always did everything wrong - Goofus - and one who always did everything right - Gallant.
Since most TV executives are like children anyway, I figured the "Goofus and Gallant" model would be ideal to teach them a few things about how to improve their product.
Now, it's coming back (sort of) and in addition to Boomer and Jackson, John Saunders will be rejoining them, re-creating the original troika from 1987. The essence of NFL Prime Time will be found in the 7 p.m. ET edition of SportsCenter each Sunday during football season. Essentially, they'll be doing what they did on NFL Prime Time, and in doing so, they'll be taking aim at NBC's Football Night in America, that network's lead in show for the Sunday Night Football game.
This should be really interesting because the NBC pre-game show is like Thanksgiving dinner -- loaded with stuffing. They have stars galore, including the recently added, former ESPN stalwart, Dan Patrick.
If you're a fan of Anderson Cooper 360, you can now download the free video podcast for the show. The podcast does not contain the complete episodes, just highlights, but it is free, so don't complain. Actually, you can complain all you want, what do I care?
If I may digress for a moment, doesn't Cooper look like he's posing in the JC Penney catalog in this picture? I don't know whether to download his podcast or put his shirt and a pair of khakis on layaway. At any rate, "Anderson Cooper 360º Daily" will offer about twenty minutes of highlights ever morning after the program airs on CNN. It's probably not a bad way to catch up if you happen to missed the program, or if you're like me and can't stand to sit still for a full hour.
Oh yeah, and you don't have to download or subscribe to anything if you don't want, you can just watch it right on CNN's Web site. There's all kinds of ways to get your Cooper fix, Cooper Troopers*.
*that's my new term for fans of Anderson Cooper. Spread it around.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- House of Cards Season 3 Premiere Recap: 19 Must-See Moments
- TVLine Items: New SVU Troublemaker, Tosh.0's Syndication Deal and More
- Outlander Releases Black Jacked-Up Season 1B Posters
- Hannibal Nabs Zachary Quinto for Season 3 Role
- Pilot News: NCIS Alum To Star in Shonda Rhimes' The Catch
- More From TVLine
- A Shirtless Justin Bieber Covers 'Men's Health,' Talks Growing Up Too Fast
- Karrueche Tran Responds to Reports That Chris Brown Has a 9-Month-Old Daughter
- Watching This Little Girl Playing Doctor With Her Patient Dog Is the Best Kind of Medicine
- 14 Things You Need to Know About 'Independence Day 2' Lead Jessie Usher
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Turns 22, Remains in Coma
- More From ET