A day hasn't gone by where we haven't received some sort of tip or email asking us, the TV Squad, how to get on [insert reality show here]. Unfortunately no, Simon Cowell does not work for us, and Donald Trump isn't my BFF, so we really can't help all that much.
The folks at RealityWanted.com often send us a list of new and existing reality shows that are looking for new, er, talent, and they've given us permission to make mention of them here. We'll try to make this a regular feature as often as we get a new list.
This time we have Styledome, High School Musical: Summer Session and other new shows.
Once upon a time, it was possible for a TV child star to get by on an impish smile and cute catchphrase.
Today's crop of kiddie performers don't have it so easy; they need to be double or triple threats who not only head up their own shows and/or TV movies, but sing, dance, star on the big screen, sell out concerts and launch clothing lines (despite some occasional personal missteps).
Here we count down the 20 hottest faves of the teen and tween pack.
Disney Channel's popular High School Musical series of TV movies will hit theaters for its third installment, but don't expect a Halloween-themed movie as reported earlier. According to TV Guide, the Halloween idea was scrapped and instead the feature film will focus on senior year and the lives of students Sharplay, Troy, Gabriella, Ryan, Chad and Taylor.
The first High School Movie hit the Disney Channel in January of last year and was a gigantic success. The second installment, aptly tilted High School Musical 2, debuted on the channel this month. The TV movies also inspired a professional touring stage production that launched this year. There is no word yet on when the third installment would hit theaters, and none of the actors involved with the TV movie have signed on for the movie just yet.
You thought the big news on Disney this past week was High School Musical 2? Nope. It was actually what happened to Hannah Montana (wow, a mention of High School Musical and Hannah Montana in the same post - my 14 year-old girl demographic fan base just exploded).
While the musical sequel got big numbers and got all the buzz, the episode of Hannah Montana that followed averaged 10.7 million viewers. That's the highest ratings for a regular series in the history of basic cable. Now, are all these people tuning in to see Miley Cyrus or her dad Billy Ray?
Of course, it helped that Zac Efron and company were the lead in, since High School Musical 2 got over 17 million viewers, the single biggest ratings in basic cable history. Lots of history made over at Disney this week.
[via TV Tattle]
2. NFL Pre-season game (ESPN)
3. The Closer (TNT)
4. Nextel Cup (TNT)
5. Monk (USA)
6. WWE Monday Night RAW - 10pm (USA)
7. Hannah Montana (Disney)
8. High School Musical (Disney)
9. WWE Monday Night RAW - 9pm (USA)
10. Psych (USA)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Extant' Recap: Spilling Secrets, Covert Experiments, and a Mysterious Party Crasher
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Brittany's Bad Day and Cody's Bad Decision
- More From BuddyTV
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You
- Mircea Monroe, Aimee Garcia Join Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land Pilot
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Share Baby North's First Steps With The World
- Tom Hardy Gets Apocalyptic In This Amazing New 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Poster
- Naya Rivera Changes Name on Twitter
- The Woman Calling the Shots in Chef Gordon Ramsay's Life
- 'NCIS' Star Pauley Perrette's Deadly Hair Dye
- More From ET