One of the things I love (out of many, many things) about Mad Men is the advertising, business, and social history that serves as a background to much of what goes on in the lives of the characters on the show. For example, Conrad Hilton has been a character on the show this season, hiring Don and Sterling Cooper as an ad agency. I assumed that Matt Weiner and his writers approached the Hilton family and/or the Hilton chain about using him on the show. But that's not what happened.
The Hilton chain actually approached the show.
It's a good scene, plus I'm a sucker for Frank Sinatra references and this episode is called "Wee Small Hours."
In case you haven't heard, Paris Hilton gets out of jail today. Expect so much coverage on MSNBC, CNN, and FOX News that you'll want to stick pencils in your eyes. But there are people interested in her release, so here's a quick guide:
L.A. braces itself for her release. Our own TMZ will have non-stop coverage (and will probably break all the news before anyone else). Her car was repossessed while she was in prison (anything to keep her off the roads, I say). You can buy Hilton's trash on ebay. And who was Hilton's final visitor at the prison last night? Jericho star Ashley Scott.
And don't forget she'll be on Larry King Live tomorrow night at 9 to talk about her new post-jail life trying to save orphans and dolphins.
The "big house," that is!
checked into the beautiful turned herself into authorities last night and began her 23 day stay in jail. TMZ.com has the video of Paris and her teary mom arriving in their car. She actually surrendered miles away from Lynwood, where she will be doing her time. She'll be in a cell and have a shower and phone to use. There will also be a small pod attached to her cell where she can watch TV (a small pod to watch TV? What, is she Michael Jackson?). She says she's ready to face the consequences and learn from her mistakes (*cough*).
By the way, the photo? That's not a publicity photo, it's Paris' mug shot. (Update: the police released the wrong photo.)
In honor of her first day, check out GSN's The Prison Life game. And after the jump, a video of Sarah Silverman joking about Paris at the MTV Movie Awards, with Paris in the audience.
I have so many questions about this video of three teenaged girls meeting Paris Hilton at her house at 3am.
The first question is the one posed by readers in the comments section over at TMZ.com: where are the parents? The second question is, who filmed this? TMZ? Someone with the girls? Someone with Hilton? Did there just happen to be someone camped out in front of Hilton's home with a video camera to record the event, or is this more publicity orchestrated by Hilton somehow? You'd think she'd be more freaked out by a bunch of strangers coming so close to her in her driveway at 3 in the morning.
I guess there's a third question too: what will the world be like in about 10 years when these girls are adults and have to become members of society? Hey, I can understand being excited about a celebrity, they even did it with Davy Jones in the 60s. But at least Jones, you know, did something. What has Hilton done that would make these girls worship her? Inherited money? A reality show? Making a sex video? Just being "famous?"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- 'The Originals' Recap: Dahlia Offers Klaus a Deal
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Eras, Immunity, Dance-Offs and the Top 7
- 'The Voice' Recap: Gwen, Usher and CeeLo Return to Advise the Top 8
- 'Gotham' Recap: Does Gordon Rescue Barbara?
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Week 7 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Top 8 Performance Recap: No Good Note Goes Unpunished
- Stalker Boss Breaks Down Beth vs. Ray Showdown, Chances for Season 2
- Following Recap: Easy Come, Easy Poe
- Viola Davis to Play Harriet Tubman in HBO Film From John Adams Scribe
- More From TVLine
- Nicki Minaj Performed at a Bar Mitzvah for the Luckiest 13-Year-Old Boy in the World
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 7 Celebrates Music Through the Ages Before a Shocking Elimination
- Did 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Pressure Lead to Kim Richards' Breakdown?
- Best Moments from the Daytime Emmys
- Taylor Swift Shares Adorable Instagram with '1989' World Tour Dancers
- More From ET