One of the things I love (out of many, many things) about Mad Men is the advertising, business, and social history that serves as a background to much of what goes on in the lives of the characters on the show. For example, Conrad Hilton has been a character on the show this season, hiring Don and Sterling Cooper as an ad agency. I assumed that Matt Weiner and his writers approached the Hilton family and/or the Hilton chain about using him on the show. But that's not what happened.
The Hilton chain actually approached the show.
It's a good scene, plus I'm a sucker for Frank Sinatra references and this episode is called "Wee Small Hours."
In case you haven't heard, Paris Hilton gets out of jail today. Expect so much coverage on MSNBC, CNN, and FOX News that you'll want to stick pencils in your eyes. But there are people interested in her release, so here's a quick guide:
L.A. braces itself for her release. Our own TMZ will have non-stop coverage (and will probably break all the news before anyone else). Her car was repossessed while she was in prison (anything to keep her off the roads, I say). You can buy Hilton's trash on ebay. And who was Hilton's final visitor at the prison last night? Jericho star Ashley Scott.
And don't forget she'll be on Larry King Live tomorrow night at 9 to talk about her new post-jail life trying to save orphans and dolphins.
The "big house," that is!
checked into the beautiful turned herself into authorities last night and began her 23 day stay in jail. TMZ.com has the video of Paris and her teary mom arriving in their car. She actually surrendered miles away from Lynwood, where she will be doing her time. She'll be in a cell and have a shower and phone to use. There will also be a small pod attached to her cell where she can watch TV (a small pod to watch TV? What, is she Michael Jackson?). She says she's ready to face the consequences and learn from her mistakes (*cough*).
By the way, the photo? That's not a publicity photo, it's Paris' mug shot. (Update: the police released the wrong photo.)
In honor of her first day, check out GSN's The Prison Life game. And after the jump, a video of Sarah Silverman joking about Paris at the MTV Movie Awards, with Paris in the audience.
I have so many questions about this video of three teenaged girls meeting Paris Hilton at her house at 3am.
The first question is the one posed by readers in the comments section over at TMZ.com: where are the parents? The second question is, who filmed this? TMZ? Someone with the girls? Someone with Hilton? Did there just happen to be someone camped out in front of Hilton's home with a video camera to record the event, or is this more publicity orchestrated by Hilton somehow? You'd think she'd be more freaked out by a bunch of strangers coming so close to her in her driveway at 3 in the morning.
I guess there's a third question too: what will the world be like in about 10 years when these girls are adults and have to become members of society? Hey, I can understand being excited about a celebrity, they even did it with Davy Jones in the 60s. But at least Jones, you know, did something. What has Hilton done that would make these girls worship her? Inherited money? A reality show? Making a sex video? Just being "famous?"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Details on Juan Pablo's Season, Ben Flajnik and Kris Jenner's Non-Romance and Brooks Forester's Transformation
- 'Grimm': 17 Nasty Surprises from 'The Stories We Tell Our Young'
- The Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Spark in the Park'
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'NCIS' Season 11 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Amazing Race' 24 is all-stars: Which teams are returning?
- 'Amazing Race' 23 winner: Jason and Amy, Tim and Marie or Nicole and Travis, who won?
- 'Once Upon a Time': [SPOILER] dies as Peter Pan forms 'The New Neverland'
- MTV cancels 'Teen Mom 3,' Briana Dejesus, Alex Sekella, and Katie Yeager reveal on Twitter
- 'Sherlock' Season 3: Watch the first full trailer and see the GIFs
- More From Zap2it
- Once Upon a Time Recap:
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- Reality Check: Breaking Down The Voice's Final 5! Plus: Alex & Sierra's X Factor Supremacy
- More From TVLine