As we all know, Cinco de Mayo is that special day when people everywhere ask their Mexican friends what the hell "Cinco de Mayo" is, to which the answer is always, "Why are you asking me? I'm Puerto Rican." Anyway, I thought today was as good a day as any to honor our favorite "Mexican" cartoon characters. You know, as much as a cartoon character can have a nationality, since cartoon logic dictates that any character drawn with a sombrero on their head automatically becomes Mexican. Anyway, here's my shout out to those zany, albeit sometimes stereotypical, animated creatures who gave us a taste of what life was like south of the cartoon border. What, you may ask, does any of this have to do with Mexican forces defeating the French army in 1862? Absolutely nothing.
Let's get animate:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Seth Meyers Hosting 2014 Emmy Awards
- Did ABC's Black Box Get Inside Your Head?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Before and Aftershocks — Plus Your First Look at Burke's Return
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- More From TVLine
- Aaron Carter Opens Up About Addiction Struggle
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- More From ET