As we all know, Cinco de Mayo is that special day when people everywhere ask their Mexican friends what the hell "Cinco de Mayo" is, to which the answer is always, "Why are you asking me? I'm Puerto Rican." Anyway, I thought today was as good a day as any to honor our favorite "Mexican" cartoon characters. You know, as much as a cartoon character can have a nationality, since cartoon logic dictates that any character drawn with a sombrero on their head automatically becomes Mexican. Anyway, here's my shout out to those zany, albeit sometimes stereotypical, animated creatures who gave us a taste of what life was like south of the cartoon border. What, you may ask, does any of this have to do with Mexican forces defeating the French army in 1862? Absolutely nothing.
Let's get animate:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- Pilots: ABC Orders College Conspiracy, Modern Oil Boom Dramas, Others
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Photos: Cersei Schemes, Tyrion Lurks, Arya Arrives, New Faces Emerge
- More From TVLine
- Rihanna Teases 'FourFiveSeconds' Music Video
- Casey Kasem's Children Continue to Fight: This Is a Case of Elder Abuse
- Why 'Better Call Saul' Is the Most Anticipated TV Spinoff Ever
- Stacey Dash Slammed After Saying Campus Rape Victims Are ‘Bad Girls'
- Kevin Hart Mocks Kevin Frazier's Katy Perry Selfie at Madden Bowl
- More From ET