As we all know, Cinco de Mayo is that special day when people everywhere ask their Mexican friends what the hell "Cinco de Mayo" is, to which the answer is always, "Why are you asking me? I'm Puerto Rican." Anyway, I thought today was as good a day as any to honor our favorite "Mexican" cartoon characters. You know, as much as a cartoon character can have a nationality, since cartoon logic dictates that any character drawn with a sombrero on their head automatically becomes Mexican. Anyway, here's my shout out to those zany, albeit sometimes stereotypical, animated creatures who gave us a taste of what life was like south of the cartoon border. What, you may ask, does any of this have to do with Mexican forces defeating the French army in 1862? Absolutely nothing.
Let's get animate:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- 'Resurrection' Recap: What Secret Does Margaret Know?
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET