home box office
Ben Parr at Mashable makes a good point when he says that if GO only goes to HBO subscribers and no one else, it's only going to be a niche thing. He suggests that HBO open some parts of it to everyone (with advertising) and then have other features and videos that are only available to HBO subscribers.
This has actually been in the works for a while. We first reported on it back in 2006.
[via Pop Candy]
My favorite part of Real Time With Bill Maher is the last segment, "New Rules." It's a segment devoted to looking at things a little bit differently, offering new rules for current events, celebrities, and politicians. Maher released a great book last year with the same title.
After the jump is a clip (from Salon) of the latest "New Rules" segment of the HBO Friday night show. It's entitled "Half-Cocked," and I would usually say to you that the clip is NSFW, but you can probably guess that from the title.
HBO has plans to launch its HBO SVOD service in the UK, marking the first time the cable channel has launched its own channel in the UK market. The new on-demand service will be available on BT Vision, Tiscali TV and Virgin Media and will feature original miniseries; television series, comedy specials and documentaries. No dates have been set just yet as to when the new service will be available.
Here's a question for the UK readers: what do you think of this new service? The press release reads that HBO programs are popular in the UK, and I'm curious as to which shows you like and which ones you don't. Or, if you even give a flying fig newton* about HBO at all.
*Please excuse my language.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Red Band Society' Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 19 Shocking Moments from 'Turn'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19 Premiere Performance Rankings
- [Video] 'New Girl' Season 4 Preview: A Wedding, An Incident Proposal and A Love Triangle
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Be Eliminated First on Season 19?
- More From BuddyTV
- Sneak Peek: Pay Your First Visit to Syfy's Town of the Living Dead
- Ratings: Dancing With the Stars Dips to Premiere Low, Dome Rises
- Gillian Jacobs to Star in Netflix Comedy From Judd Apatow
- Castle Season 7 Scoop: 'Really Fun' Alternate Reality Episode Will Ask, 'What If Rick and Kate Never....'
- Revenge Season 4 Trailer Teases Suicidal Twist, Victoria's Fiery Payback
- More From TVLine
- Billy Crystal Calls Robin Williams' Emmy Tribute 'Hardest Thing I've Ever Had to Do'
- Sharon Osbourne Calls U2 'Middle Age Political Groupies' with 'Mediocre' Music
- John Travolta Addresses Gay Rumors, Pending Lawsuit By an Alleged Former Lover
- Kim Kardashian Defends Kanye West After Wheelchair 'Lies'
- Barbra Streisand Performs a Medley with Jimmy Fallon
- More From ET