Tasked with transforming a bland and unused living/dining area into something inspiring for the large but struggling Mars family, designer Sabrina Soto created a completely modern multi-purpose room where the 12 family members could meet for food, coffee, and fun.
As if there weren't enough remodeling/makeover shows on the air, and obviously there aren't, WE tv has just greenlit the latest. The Hollywood Reporter tells us Ugliest House on the Block involves neighbors and experts giving a four-day makeover to whichever house the neighbors consider to be the biggest eyesore. And, of course, the show promises "green" segments to show how to be more environmentally friendly with home decorating and design.
"Home decorating and design is a genre that has mass appeal for women," said Kim Martin, executive VP and GM at WE. So does the bad-boys-who-treat-women-like-crap genre, but I don't see WE tailoring a show for this segment of the female population. I'd say the all-men-are-evil-and-deserve-to-be-put-down-like-dogs genre, but Lifetime Movie Network seems to have the corner on that market.
5. CBS Sunday Morning If you don't watch this, you should. It's old-school television news at its best with in-depth news stories, and lots and lots about the arts. Plus, the original "moment of zen" at the end.
4. The Daily Show A good way to blow off steam when the news of the day is really getting you down.
3. The Office This show really came into its own this season, and I just adore all the characters.
2. My Name is Earl Always good for a one-liner.
1. Lost They mess with our heads. And we like it!
5. Night Stalker I couldn't even stomach the first episode of this new show. Sad, because I had such high hopes for it.
4. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Too much showmanship, fabricated content (i.e., who can we get to build this house?), and way too much product placement.
3. Britney & Kevin: Chaotic Quite possibly the most useless piece of crap to air this year.
2. Desperate Housewives That's right. I can't stand this show. Too many open plotlines that don't interest me at all.
1. Saturday Night Live It hasn't been funny in years. Except for that Narnia rap everyone is talking about.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Secrets and Wives' Recap: Susan and Amy Defend Their Men
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Abby Faces Her Toughest Match Yet
- 'Stitchers' Recap: Who Gets Shot and Who Dies?
- 'Scream' Series Premiere Recap: A New Ghostface Comes to Town
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: Mona Returns to Rosewood and Drops a Bombshell
- More From BuddyTV
- Marc Jacobs Accidentally Posts Nude Photo On Instagram?!
- Brody Jenner on Supporting Caitlyn Jenner at ESPYS: I'm There for Her 100%
- Chrissy Teigen Posts Another NSFW Topless Pic After Instagram Drama
- 'Jane the Virgin' Star Justin Baldoni Welcomes Baby Girl: See the Adorable Photos!
- Two Looks One Star
- More From ET