July 1, 2015
by Michael Hogan, posted Nov 28th 2011 12:15AM
The worst part of any monster movie is the moment when you finally see the creature itself. Not the first glimpse, but the first real good look at the thing. After an hour or so of imagining it in all its unfathomable horridity, you're suddenly presented with an actual entity -- the best the special-effects team could come up with. How could it possibly live up to your expectations?
That's kind of how I feel about the back story presented, via flashback, in this episode of 'Homeland' on Showtime. Last episode, after weeks of hinting one way and then the other, the writers let us know, once and for all, that Sergeant Brody has some kind of connection with Abu Nazir, the most wanted terrorist in the world. This week, we found out why. And while the story wasn't horrible, I had some major issues with it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: Reactions to This Week's Cry Fest
- NeNe Leakes on 'RHOA': 'I Don't Know If the Show Will Survive Without Me'
- Eliminated 'Bachelorette' Suitors JJ Lane and Tanner Tolbert Join 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- Vicki Gunvalson on Leaving 'RHOC': 'I've Thought About It'
- 'Secrets and Wives' Recap: Susan and Amy Defend Their Men
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Zoo Opens With a Decent Roar
- Fall TV: Lady Gaga vs. Nashville, and Wednesday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Dukes of Hazzard Dropped by TV Land: Bad Rap for the Good Ol' Boys?
- MythBusters Summer Return Date Set; Watch Explosive Premiere Teaser
- Scream Series Premiere: Will You Give MTV's Whodunit Another Stab?
- More From TVLine
- Tim McGraw Gives Away Mortgage-Free Homes to Veterans
- Melissa McCarthy Rocks the Iconic 'Ghostbusters' Costume and It's Awesome
- 6 Ways Jennifer Lawrence Is the New NYC Fashion Queen
- Kim Kardashian 'Rarely Wears Underwear,' Says Rob Smokes Pot and 4 Other 'Rolling Stone' Revelations
- Kim Kardashian Gets Political: Talks Hillary Clinton, Same-Sex Marriage, and Gun Control
- More From ET