Hope's birth had been broadcast over the Internet by biologist Lynn Rogers. Later, wildlife filmmaker Gordon Buchanan filmed Hope as she was separated from and eventually reunited with her mother Lily.
It is believed that Hope was shot and killed in an area of Minnesota where hunting bears is legal. Hunters are discouraged from shooting bears who are wearing tracking collars, but Hope was the only member of her family not to be wearing one.
TV 101: The inauguration running diary (OR: History huddled together like a gaggle of newborn puppies)
It occurred to me last fall that Barack Obama being inaugurated would be a pretty big deal. So I called some of my friends in the liberal media and asked them to arrange for Obama to win the election, then waited patiently until yesterday. Now, after months of waiting, we're ready to roll.
The running diary starts after the jump...
(S13E22) And now, please welcome Stanley Tucci to the cast of ER. As we reported to you back in March, Tucci was cast as Dr. Kevin Moretti, an ICU clinical director who becomes the new ER chief of staff after Luka Kovac decides to step down (due to the fact that Goran Visnjic , who portrays Kovac, is leaving the show). Moretti officially takes over the ER next week. In this week's episode we get to meet the man and find out a little about him.
Let's analyze Kevin Moretti for a bit, shall we?
1. Peter Petrelli (Heroes): Fantastic show, but can Milo Ventimiglia please, please, please do something with his hair? It's always falling down in front of his face and he has to push it back up. But unless he cuts it, styles it differently, or uses some gel in his hair, it's just going to fall down again. Milo, a little dab'l do ya.
(S02E18) In my humble opinion, The Office is hands down the best comedy on television today. Great writing, great acting, great stories--I could go on and on. This episode, the season finale, was, in a word, brilliant. You could not ask for a better way to tie up story lines that occurred over the course of a season while opening up new ones at the same time.
Let's briefly sum up what happened. Dunder Mifflin, led by Michael, holds a Casino Night charity function in the warehouse of the Scranton branch. Michael (played by the excellent Steve Carell) is doing his best to choose a suitable charity after the staff nixes the Boy Scouts. After some interplay, they decide to do something for AIDS patients, so that Michael can prove to everyone that he is a great "philanderer". (Michael's butchering of words reminds me of the old-time comic Norm Crosby.)
At the same time, the flirtation between Jim and Pam reaches a fever pitch when he offers to help her choose a band for her wedding. Just looking at them making eye contact with each other is enough to make you just want to shout at the screen, "Come on! Get together already!" In addition, how funny was seeing Kevin in "Scranton-icity"? The Wedding Singer flashed in front of my eyes at that moment.
Michael also is in a bit of a "love triangle drama" when he ends up inviting his real estate agent (Carol) and his boss (Jan) to the event. Of course, his bravado gets in the way and he looks foolish trying to "balance" both women, but still you root for Michael to find romance despite his boorishness. As we've seen over the course of the season, despite his over-the-top behavior, he exhibits a sensitive, human side that makes you think that deep down, he's a good guy who just needs some understanding.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Memories from the Set: Ari Graynor Talks Jobs on The Sopranos, Fringe, Family Guy and More
- Friday the 13th: Slasher Horror Classic in Development as Hour-long TV Drama
- Gracepoint Exclusive Photos: See Anna Gunn & David Tennant in Fox's Broadchurch Adaptation!
- TVLine Items: True Blood Star Nabs Amazon Pilot, Hargitay's Very Special SVU Marathon and More
- Keep or Cut: The Shows You Most Want Saved!
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- Chris Martin Cites 'Challenges' in First Interview Since Split with Gwyneth Paltrow
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Racism Claims Over 'Hello Kitty' Video
- More From ET