The movie is split into three different segments. While the first two stories are interesting and well done, it's the third segment that scarred me for life.
Show: Trilogy of Terror
Have you ever seen this (the original Trilogy of Terror, not the '90s remake)? It completely and utterly terrified me as a ten year-old.
The TV movie consisted of three short films, all starring Karen Black in different roles. The first one has her as a teacher who is blackmailed by a student, but she gets the upper hand on him in a creepy way. The second has Black playing twin sisters. But it's the third story that freaked me out. "Amelia" has Black alone in her apartment, being chased around by a little doll that has a knife in it's hand. It sounds silly, I know. How can a doll hurt a grown woman? But the little bastard is vicious and relentless, and it's entirely convincing. When Amelia thinks she has killed the doll by trapping it in the oven, we find out that it takes over her soul. The last scene has Amelia calling her mom to come over, so she can kill her.
Somehow I don't think this ran on The Wonderful World of Disney.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET