September 17, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Jul 30th 2009 2:01AM
You never know when the most innocuous-sounding panel is going to bring out the A-listers here at the TCAs. But when a big name is behind a project and he or she is passionate about it, that person will brave the room of critics to promote it.
To say Matt Damon is "dedicated" to the new History documentary The People Speak would be an understatement. The family of the Oscar winner lived next door to Professor Howard Zinn, on whose book, A People's History of the United States, is based. He and his Project Greenlight partner Chris Moore have been trying to bring the book to TV for a decade. "I have one of first copies (of Zinn's book) in hardback. It had a huge impact on my life so that's why I stayed with it. The moment we had iany influecne in this town we tried to get thids project off the ground."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Items: Gloria Steinem Meets Good Wife, AHS Adds Chloe King & More
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Dramatic New Poster Pairs Elena With Stefan
- Arrow Season 3 Poster Highlights the Fortified Team Arrow
- Bill Hader Returning to SNL as Host — Will Stefon Be Joining Him?
- Friends' Gunther Speaks Out 20 Years Later: 'Ross Doesn't Deserve Rachel'
- More From TVLine
- Did Beyonce Photoshop Her Thigh Gap Again?
- Jennifer Garner's Strict Online Limits: 'I Don't Let My Kids on a Computer Without Me Right There'
- Chris Brown's 7 Most NSFW Lyrics on 'X'
- Ranking All the Looks From The Limited's 'Scandal' Collection From Best to Worst
- Celebs Do 'Lunch' for Charity
- More From ET