Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Love him or hate him, there is no doubt that Tony Danza is one of television's most recognized personalities. Most of us have watched him on one show or another. So, in honor of the go to guy for sitcom jokes, here is my collection of his best characters.
1. Tony Micelli (Who's the Boss)
Sam's dad. Angela's housekeeper. Mona's confidant. Whatever he was, he was pretty great. WTB was certainly not a groundbreaking show by any means, but as I watch the reruns, I can't ignore the chemistry between Tony, Judith Light and Katherine Helmond. Tony Micelli was an enigma amongst single TV dads. He was tough, streetwise, a devoted father and a maid. As long as I live, I will never figure out why this worked, but it did.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- 'Reign' Episode 2.4 Photos: Let's Dance!
- More From BuddyTV