Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Love him or hate him, there is no doubt that Tony Danza is one of television's most recognized personalities. Most of us have watched him on one show or another. So, in honor of the go to guy for sitcom jokes, here is my collection of his best characters.
1. Tony Micelli (Who's the Boss)
Sam's dad. Angela's housekeeper. Mona's confidant. Whatever he was, he was pretty great. WTB was certainly not a groundbreaking show by any means, but as I watch the reruns, I can't ignore the chemistry between Tony, Judith Light and Katherine Helmond. Tony Micelli was an enigma amongst single TV dads. He was tough, streetwise, a devoted father and a maid. As long as I live, I will never figure out why this worked, but it did.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Preview: Josh Versus Nick
- 'Sharknado 2' Interview: Why the Sequel Will 'Surpass Expectations'
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim and Kanye's Marriage Trouble Rumors
- 'The Strain' Recap: Nightmare Symptoms and Bad Parenting
- 'True Blood' Recap: Has Sookie Sentenced Bill to the True Death?
- More From BuddyTV
- Covert Affairs Sneak Peek: Is Auggie OK With Annie Revisiting a 'Fling'?
- Lea Michele Cast as Sons of Anarchy Waitress Who Connects With [Spoiler]
- Emmys 2014: What Should Win Best Drama Series? Take Our Poll!
- USA Picks Up Alien Invasion Pilot from Lost's Carlton Cuse, Ryan Condal
- Ratings: Wipeout, Rising Star Hit Lows
- More From TVLine