Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Love him or hate him, there is no doubt that Tony Danza is one of television's most recognized personalities. Most of us have watched him on one show or another. So, in honor of the go to guy for sitcom jokes, here is my collection of his best characters.
1. Tony Micelli (Who's the Boss)
Sam's dad. Angela's housekeeper. Mona's confidant. Whatever he was, he was pretty great. WTB was certainly not a groundbreaking show by any means, but as I watch the reruns, I can't ignore the chemistry between Tony, Judith Light and Katherine Helmond. Tony Micelli was an enigma amongst single TV dads. He was tough, streetwise, a devoted father and a maid. As long as I live, I will never figure out why this worked, but it did.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week: The 100, NCIS: LA, Vanderpump, Freak Show and More
- Amy Adams Hosts SNL: Watch Video of Best and Worst Sketches
- Kevin Hart Hosting First SNL of 2015
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- More From TVLine