Her self-titled new show premiered Sunday on E!, and Kendra set a ratings high not seen since the premiere of The Anna Nicole Show in 2002 with 2.6 million viewers. People love their former Playmates, apparently. As an admitted follower of The Girls Next Door; my wife has a thing for all things Playboy and I got sucked in despite myself; Kendra was always the girl that I found the most annoying. She was so childish and superficial... and that laugh! Oh my god, that laugh made me want to reach through the screen and strangle her! So no one was more surprised than me to find that I actually enjoyed this premiere.
And that's just what her show, cleverly called Kendra, will do as she prepares for her wedding next month. My wife is a fanatic for The Girls Next Door, so I've seen more than my fair share of them, and the show is actually much sweeter than you'd expect. One of my questions was what they would do with it now that the girls have left the nest. Apparently, the show will continue and presumably feature Hef's new girlfriends, the twins (not those twins, though I'm sure they're featured as well; they really are twins!).
It's probably because the life that's portrayed is so far beyond my frame of reference that I can hardly believe that it's real. In any case, I've been a semi-regular viewer and I've found myself even rooting for the girls. I want Bridget to finish school, and yes, I've even been rooting for Holly to get Hef to marry her. Well, I believe Bridget has gotten her Master's degree, and it seems like Holly may even get her wish too. Bridget was recently overheard dishing about a "huge wedding" coming up on the show.
Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy Enterprises, has given his consent for Miley Cyrus to pose for the magazine that is the cornerstone of his empire. This is only once she's of legal age of course.
Miley Cyrus is the 15 year old daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus and star of the Disney Channel show Hannah Montana. She is already well on her way to becoming a billionaire and I don't think she needs the publicity.
- At 8, CBS has the special That's The Way It Is: Cronkite at 90, then another special with the horrible Dr. Phil, Caged?
- PBS has a new NOW at 8, then new episodes of Washington Week and Bill Moyers Journal.
- The CW has a new Smackdown! at 8.
- TNT has an NBA playoff game at 8.
- At 9, ABC has - are you ready? - the premiere of National Bingo Night.
- Larry King interviews Hugh Hefner on CNN at 9.
- G4 has a new X-Play at 9, focusing on Star Wars.
- At 10, CBS has the season finale of Numb3rs.
- HGTV has a new House Hunters at 10.
- At 11, HBO has a new Real Time with Bill Maher, with guests Bradley Whitford, Senator Chris Dodd, Rep. Loretta Sanchez, and Russell Simmons.
Check your local TV listings for more.
As we've mentioned before, Larry King is celebrating 50 years in the news business, and all next week CNN is going to mark the occasion with a week of special Larry King Live shows. Here's the lineup:
- Monday, April 16: Oprah Winfrey
- Tuesday, April 17: Katie Couric
- Wednesday, April 18: 50 Years of Pop Culture - a look at everything that Larry has covered over the five decades, with hosts Anderson Cooper and Ryan Seacrest
- Thursday, April 19: Former President Bill Clinton
- Friday, April 20: A special hour hosted by Bill Maher
If the show is any indication, Holly is the most devoted of Hef's girlfriends. She's waged a long and hard campaign to score that ring on her finger. I don't watch this show religiously, but it is among my guilty pleasures. I've always felt bad for Holly. She clearly loves the old guy, but she has to watch him scamper about with someone like Kendra, who spends her free time having custom grillz made for her teeth. I suspect that Kendra, who Holly reportedly hates, will get the boot once Hef goes exclusive, but God only knows what "monogamy" means when you're an octogenarian playboy in the post-Viagra age.
Unfortunately for the girls, they may have to up the ante. Former Playmate and Mansion resident Izabella St. James is on the verge of releasing a tell-all book about what really goes on inside the Playboy Mansion. Try not to be too shocked, readers, but it involves s-e-x.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Aquarius' Official Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'MasterChef': Surprise! Your Kitchen Comes Back to Haunt You
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.7 Photos: Will Alison Win the Election for School Trustee?
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- 5 Juicy Tidbits Andy Cohen Wants You to Know About 'The Real Housewives'
- More From BuddyTV
- CBS' Briefcase Premiere: Did We Just See the Only 'Acceptable' Outcome?
- Smash's Broadway Event Expands! Who's Joining Ellis (!) in Bombshell?
- Golan the Insatiable Sneak Peek: Rob Riggle, Aubrey Plaza Preview Their Twisted Monster-Child Friendship
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- Longmire Season 4: Ally Walker Lands Mystery Role, as Series Heads to Netflix
- More From TVLine
- The Studs of Summer: Hollywood's Hottest Hunks and Their Big Blockbusters
- Kylie Jenner Slams Pregnancy Rumors (Again)
- Chris Pine Might Play Wonder Woman's Love Interest and Here's Why We're Excited!
- Miley Cyrus 'Accidentally' Flashes a Nipple on Instagram
- UPDATED: Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: A Timeline of Events
- More From ET