But this list is really incomplete in so many ways. We've all heard that Magnum, P.I. might get the movie treatment, but this list only says that Matthew McConaughey might star and doesn't mention other people who have been rumored to have been attached to it in the past, including Ben Affleck and George Clooney.
All in all, I'm getting hooked on Swingtown. It's a soap, no doubt about that. Being in 1976 is a time and a place and a specific social setting, but ultimately this show is about these characters and their intertwined lives. It's a serialized drama and rather addictive. More about the show after the jump, including all the happenings from tonight's show.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 3, Fire Vol. 2
- Banacek - Season 2
- Barney Miller - Season 2
- ER - Season 8
- The Girls Next Door - Season 3
- Hawaii Five-O - Season 3
- Hustle - Season 4
- The Jeff Corwin Experience - Season 1
- Make Room For Daddy - Season 6
- The Odd Couple - Season 3
- The Simple Life - The Simple Life Goes To Camp
- Swamp Thing - Season 1
- Thunderbirds - 40th Anniversary Megaset
- Torchwood - Season 1
Mention The Man From U.N.C.L.E. to a younger, casual TV fan, and they'll probably look at you with a tilted head, the ways dogs often look at people. But to people of a certain age, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (side note: that's a really hard title to type out) brings back a lot of cool memories. It was a spy spoof that debuted in 1964, in the height of the James Bond craze, but unlike a lot of 007 spoofs that didn't make it or were just plain lousy, U.N.C.L.E. stood on its own and still does today as a really fun light adventure show.
I had a chance to talk with U.N.C.L.E. star Robert Vaughn in conjunction with the release of the massive Time-Life Man From U.N.C.L.E.: The Complete Collection set.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Beauty and the Beast - Season 2
- Bewitched - Season 5 (Color)
- Extras - Season 2
- The Film Crew: Hollywood After Dark (Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett)
- Home Run Derby - Vol. 1
- Hustle - Season 3
- My Super Sweet 16 - Seasons 1 and 2
- Punky Brewster - Vols. 1-6
Lots of Robert Vaughn-oriented news today: not only is Hustle returning to AMC tonight at 10pm, but it looks like the legal fight over The Man From U.N.C.L.E. DVDs might finally be over.
Vaughn tells the Akron Beacon Journal that he is getting together with NCIS star David McCallum (he played Ilya Kuryakin on the 60s spy show, the partner to Vaughn's Napoleon Solo) to record commentaries and extras for the set, which should be out by the end of this year.
Oddly, Vaughn had already recorded four hours of extras for the show, but then the legal fight delayed the release of those DVDs, so it looks like those extras will be lost forever.
Here are the new TV DVDs in stores tomorrow.
- All in the Family - Season 6
- Beauty and the Beast - Season 1
- Cobra - Complete Series
- Emergency - Season 3
- The Golden Girls - Season 7
- Grosse Pointe - Complete Series
- The Hills - Season 1
- Hustle - Season 2
- Masters of Horror - Pelts (Argento)
- Men Behaving Badly - Complete Series
- Reno 911- Most Wanted Uncensored
- Zoey 101 - Season 1
Anyhow, AMC's continuing original series Hustle comes to Las Vegas this season (April 18th to be exact) and picks up Robert Wagner as a special guest star along the way. He stars as a collector of Hollywood memorabilia, and thus the con is on as Danny promises to bring him the Hollywood sign. Whoops.
Quotes of the panel:
- Someone asked the cast if they had ever been conned, to which Robert Wagner replied "Well, we're here ... aren't we?" Zing! Unfortunately I can't stop picturing him with an eyepatch and reporting to Dr. Evil.
- Robert Wagner was asked about clashing egos when working on a tv series, and he said he wished his was bigger so that he could impress co-star Jaime Murray. So calmly replied, "I told you darling, it's not the size of the trailer ..."
- The Abbott and Costello Show - 100th Anniversary Collection
- ALF - Season 4
- The Bob Newhart Show - Season 4
- Broken Trail
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Curse of the Hellmouth
- Charlie and Lola - Volumes 1 and 2
- Combat! Best of Espionage and Best of the Color Episodes
- Commander-In-Chief - Season 1, Volume 2
- Doctor Who - The Web Planet and Inferno
- Family - Seasons 1 and 2
- The Flintstones - Season 6
- Fraggle Rock - Season 2
- Hustle - Season 1
- Lost - Season 2
- Oz - Season 6
- Red Dwarf - The Complete Collection
- Silk Stalkings - Season 5
- Supernatural - Season 1
As of late, they seem to be conning (stealing from, really) even the most innocent people... Like, ordinary people just going about their jobs, who haven't done anything wrong. I'd normally have no problem seeing good people getting screwed over on a program about con artists, but the characters of Hustle have been absolutely preaching their "honest man" rule since the beginning. Why is it okay for them to suddenly turn around and go against such an important part of what made them superior to the "dirty" grifters in their world? It must be difficult having to write up sleazy characters all the time, but, I've gotta admit, the change is a bit disappointing.
- On the cover: Dennis Haysbert of The Unit.
- Behind the scenes of the Grey's Anatomy cast photo shoot.
- An interview with Supergroup's Sebastian Bach.
- Yet another interview: Prison Break's Stacey Keach.
- Matt Roush really likes Psych and Hustle, but finds that the new season of Chappelle's Show leaves a sour aftertaste.
- In the print edition: a tribute to Aaron Spelling; a look at the new season of Rock Star; photos of some of the acts from America's Got Talent; and a Q & A with Rescue Me's Tatum O'Neal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Arrow Recasts Oliver's Blade-Wielding Season 3 Mentor
- Mean Girls' Daniel Franzese Lands Looking Role — Who Will He Court?
- Ratings: Tyrant Ends on Down Note, Final Chelsea Hits 2-Year High, PLL Up
- Deadwood Revival: There's 'Hope'!
- Fargo Boss Drops New Season 2 Intel: 'There Are a Lot of [Spoiler]'
- More From TVLine
- Hello Kitty Revealed Not To Be A Cat and Apparently Nothing Is True Anymore
- Meet David Muir, the Man Taking Over ABC's 'World News'
- 'Project Runway''s Christian Siriano on His Much-Praised Emmy Designs
- A Winning Couple! Aaron Paul's Wife Reacts to Emmy Speech, Talks 'Kind Campaign'
- Prince Harry Has a New Girlfriend
- More From ET