April 20, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 30th 2010 6:08PM
I worry about 'Glee.'
Seems like I shouldn't, right? The show, which is returning to Fox after a four-month break on April 13, seems to have everything going its way right now. The show's return is being slotted after 'American Idol.' The kids from the show have been singing and dancing on tour. The mid-season premiere is being screened in movie theaters for charity. The producers are combing the country to find a new cast member (starting today), and the search will become a show of its own.
"Gleeks" all over the country are clutching their soundtrack CDs and season one part one DVDs -- signed by the cast during one of their mall tours, no doubt -- and just waiting for the show to come back. Madonna has given the producers permission to create a Madge-themed episode. Heck, even Neil Patrick Harris is on board to guest.
Hear that? It's the hype machine going into overdrive. And that's what worries me. I've heard this machine before, and it never ends well. There are three signs that make me wonder if 'Glee' is more flash-in-the-pan than legitimate long-running hit:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Following' Recap: Joe Continues to Taunt Ryan on Death Row
- 'The Originals' Recap: Dahlia Pits the Mikaelsons Against One Another
- 'The Voice' Recap: The Top 10 Perform
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Spring Break and the Team Dances
- More From BuddyTV
- Zachary Levi & Missy Peregrym File for Divorce After Less Than 1 Year of Marriage
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 6 Heads to the Beach for Spring Break!
- 7 Biggest Surprise Appearances at Coachella: Kanye, Madonna and More!
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose's Son Adorably Sings Dad's Hit Songs!
- William Shatner Remembers Leonard Nimoy: 'I Never Had a Friend Like That'
- More From ET