March 3, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 30th 2010 6:08PM
I worry about 'Glee.'
Seems like I shouldn't, right? The show, which is returning to Fox after a four-month break on April 13, seems to have everything going its way right now. The show's return is being slotted after 'American Idol.' The kids from the show have been singing and dancing on tour. The mid-season premiere is being screened in movie theaters for charity. The producers are combing the country to find a new cast member (starting today), and the search will become a show of its own.
"Gleeks" all over the country are clutching their soundtrack CDs and season one part one DVDs -- signed by the cast during one of their mall tours, no doubt -- and just waiting for the show to come back. Madonna has given the producers permission to create a Madge-themed episode. Heck, even Neil Patrick Harris is on board to guest.
Hear that? It's the hype machine going into overdrive. And that's what worries me. I've heard this machine before, and it never ends well. There are three signs that make me wonder if 'Glee' is more flash-in-the-pan than legitimate long-running hit:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Community Season 6 Trailer Teases Greendale's Weirdest Year Yet
- Syfy Sets Dates for Bitten Season 2, Lost Girl's Farewell Run and More
- Man Seeking Woman Renewed for Season 2 at FXX
- Pilot News: Wonder Years' Fred Savage Is Rob Lowe's Bro in Fox's The Grinder
- You're the Worst's Aya Cash Teases Season 2, Her Serpentine Sirens Stint
- More From TVLine
- A Power(less) Ranking: The Journalists in ‘House of Cards'
- Chloe Bennet & Clark Gregg Tease Skye's 'Inhuman' Transformation on 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD'
- Aubrey Plaza Gifted 'Parks & Rec' Co-star Aziz Ansari with Blood and Hair (Sorta)
- Michael Jordan Joins Forbes' Billionaire List
- Elsa Pataky 'Will Never' Tell Her Hubby Chris Hemsworth He's 'Beautiful and Fit'
- More From ET