April 17, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 30th 2010 6:08PM
I worry about 'Glee.'
Seems like I shouldn't, right? The show, which is returning to Fox after a four-month break on April 13, seems to have everything going its way right now. The show's return is being slotted after 'American Idol.' The kids from the show have been singing and dancing on tour. The mid-season premiere is being screened in movie theaters for charity. The producers are combing the country to find a new cast member (starting today), and the search will become a show of its own.
"Gleeks" all over the country are clutching their soundtrack CDs and season one part one DVDs -- signed by the cast during one of their mall tours, no doubt -- and just waiting for the show to come back. Madonna has given the producers permission to create a Madge-themed episode. Heck, even Neil Patrick Harris is on board to guest.
Hear that? It's the hype machine going into overdrive. And that's what worries me. I've heard this machine before, and it never ends well. There are three signs that make me wonder if 'Glee' is more flash-in-the-pan than legitimate long-running hit:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Hannibal' Season 2 Episode Photos
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'American Idol' Top 7 Predictions: Which Singer Will 'Sail Away' from the Competition?
- 'RHOA': Porsha Williams Charged with Battery for Attack on Kenya Moore
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.20 Photos: Roy Loses Control
- More From BuddyTV
- The CW Sets Summer Premiere Dates For Beauty and the Beast, Plus Five New Series
- TVLine Items: SVU to Bring Back B.D. Wong, CSI Alum Books Glee, Dick Wolf's New Gig and More
- Exclusive Tomorrow People Video: Leven Rambin Stirs Up Lair Discontent About the Savior
- Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Trailer: Feisty Piper Growls 'Don't Make Me Rip Your Throat Out'
- Orphan Black Preview: Season 2 Brings 'Character Shocks' and … a Traitorous Felix?
- More From TVLine