July 30, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 30th 2010 6:08PM
I worry about 'Glee.'
Seems like I shouldn't, right? The show, which is returning to Fox after a four-month break on April 13, seems to have everything going its way right now. The show's return is being slotted after 'American Idol.' The kids from the show have been singing and dancing on tour. The mid-season premiere is being screened in movie theaters for charity. The producers are combing the country to find a new cast member (starting today), and the search will become a show of its own.
"Gleeks" all over the country are clutching their soundtrack CDs and season one part one DVDs -- signed by the cast during one of their mall tours, no doubt -- and just waiting for the show to come back. Madonna has given the producers permission to create a Madge-themed episode. Heck, even Neil Patrick Harris is on board to guest.
Hear that? It's the hype machine going into overdrive. And that's what worries me. I've heard this machine before, and it never ends well. There are three signs that make me wonder if 'Glee' is more flash-in-the-pan than legitimate long-running hit:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: Ali Stages an Attack
- Casting Bits: Claire Holt to Star on 'Aquarius,' 'Arrow' Gets Its Wildcat and More
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The First 12 Acts Perform Live for Your Votes
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Reunion Part 1 Recap: The Delusion of Miss Sonja Morgan
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Crazy Horse
- CSI Recruits Mark Valley to Team With (and Romance?) Finlay
- Sharknado 2 Has Arrived! 9 Reasons to Watch, 6 Questions You Should Ask
- The Originals' Claire Holt Joins NBC Drama Aquarius as Series Regular
- TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season
- More From TVLine