July 31, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Mar 30th 2010 6:08PM
I worry about 'Glee.'
Seems like I shouldn't, right? The show, which is returning to Fox after a four-month break on April 13, seems to have everything going its way right now. The show's return is being slotted after 'American Idol.' The kids from the show have been singing and dancing on tour. The mid-season premiere is being screened in movie theaters for charity. The producers are combing the country to find a new cast member (starting today), and the search will become a show of its own.
"Gleeks" all over the country are clutching their soundtrack CDs and season one part one DVDs -- signed by the cast during one of their mall tours, no doubt -- and just waiting for the show to come back. Madonna has given the producers permission to create a Madge-themed episode. Heck, even Neil Patrick Harris is on board to guest.
Hear that? It's the hype machine going into overdrive. And that's what worries me. I've heard this machine before, and it never ends well. There are three signs that make me wonder if 'Glee' is more flash-in-the-pan than legitimate long-running hit:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Mike's Addiction Worsens
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: It's the End of the World as We Know It
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch Chrissy Teigen Balance a Plate of Chicken Wings on Her Butt
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Kylie Jenner Endorses Butt and Breast Plumping Cream With Racy Pic
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Star Drea de Matteo Is Engaged -- Watch the Proposal!
- One Direction Drops Surprise Single One Day After Zayn Malik's New Record Deal
- More From ET