There is something inherently hilarious about watching Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant torture their dim-witted friend Karl Pilkington. The running mockery started on Gervais's podcasts, which were eventually animated and turned into HBO's 'The Ricky Gervais Show,' and then gloriously continued with 'An Idiot Abroad.'
The premise of the show is simple and delightful. Gervais and Merchant send Pilkington, the polar opposite of someone you might call a worldly man, on a series of adventures to distant, exotic lands. In Season 1, which scored record-high ratings for the Science Channel, Karl traveled to the 7 Wonders of the World, struggling with the food, local language and customs every step of the way.
In the trailer for 'An Idiot Abroad 2: The Bucket List', we see Karl looking at a list of 100 Things To Do Before You Die, lamenting that he has to tackle any of them. "If I was on my deathbed, there's no way I'd want to be climbing Kilimanjaro," he says.
"It's not things to do a few minutes before you die, it's things to do in your life," retorts Gervais, chuckling.
Check out the trailer after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Happy National Burger Day! Chow Down With Your Fave Fast Food-Loving Celebs
- 6 Stars Who Owe Their Careers to Taylor Swift
- ‘Game of Thrones' Actress Sophie Turner Gets to 'Kick Some Ass' in ‘Barely Lethal'
- Demi Lovato on Battling Bipolar Disorder: 'Recovery Is Possible'
- Rick Santorum on Josh Duggar Sex Scandal: 'I'm Sickened By It'
- More From ET