He's smart to pull from perhaps the best group hard-nosed characters ever assembled. Almost three years after its final season, 'The Wire' continues to make our headlines. More and more people are casually referencing the show's memorable scenes and lines. Its endurance in pop culture proves its worth as a drama series.
That is why 'The Wire' should live on in other forms. After seeing Culver's illustrations, a graphic novel or comic book series seems like a perfect way for these characters to live on. It would be too difficult to reassemble the cast for a movie, plus the story lines are too complex.
I always love to see artists create their own versions of classic characters. It's like watching a musician cover someone else's song. Anyway, Saxton Moore recently posed a challenge on his blog where he asked artists to draw their own versions of their favorite characters from Fat Albert, and you can see the results here. This illustration of Dumb Donald is hands down my very favorite. Actually, all of the drawings and paintings are really well-done, but if you want to see something really cool, check out this painting of Homer Simpson done for an issue of Esquire by artist Roberto Parada back in 1999. It's fascinatingly disturbing.
[via Boing Boing]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye to Katherine: Watch her best moments
- Amy Sedaris joins Jane Krakowski's FOX comedy pilot 'Dead Boss'
- 'The Flash': 'Arrow' spinoff casts Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- 'Blue Bloods': Killed couple's daughter seeks revenge
- 'Grimm' Season 3: Reggie Lee discusses 'Mommy Dearest' shocker and Wu's first name reveal
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Dave Annable, Chuck Alum and Enlisted Star Are Among the Latest Castings
- Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following
- Pilot Scoop: One Tree Hill's Robert Buckley Returns to The CW in Rob Thomas' iZombie
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- More From TVLine