Bob already mentioned this new detective drama to y'all back in October, but we didn't know exactly when the show would air. Now we know Raines, starring Jeff Goldblum, will debut on NBC in March. The series will air on Fridays at 9 pm, booting Las Vegas out of that timeslot.
I'm a bit tired of all this supernatural nonsense like Medium and Ghost Whisperer, but Raines does have a slight twist, in that Goldblum's detective only imagines the ghosts he's seeing, and they help him solve the murder cases. Huh, a human who confabs with imaginary creatures only he can see? Isn't that essentially Calvin and Hobbes? And wouldn't that be cool if Calvin actually grew up to become a homicide detective and Hobbes helped him solve all his cases? And wouldn't it be even cooler if I could learn to stay on topic instead of digressing into talking about comic strips that have absolutely nothing to do with the show I'm writing about? Yes, in a perfect world that would be grand.
Hey, did you wake up this morning and find yourself inside the National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C.? If so, you should stick around because the museum is hosting a Jim Henson retrospective through September 4. You'll be able to check out creatures from as far back as Sam and Friends, the show which would portend the Muppet aesthetic, as well as animatronic creatures from The Dark Crystal. Some of the classic Muppets such as Kermit, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and the Swedish Chef, all originally voiced by Jim Henson, will also be on display. Now i just have to try to get out to D.C. before this disappears.
[via Muppet News Flash]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- 19 Kids and Counting Pulled From TLC Schedule in Wake of Josh Duggar's Admitted 'Wrongdoing'
- The Bastard Executioner: Kurt Sutter's SOA Follow-Up Gets Series Order at FX
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs
- Sunday Night Football, Empire Top Ratings for 2014-15 Season; Forever Among Highest-Rated Axed Shows
- Ratings: Red Nose Day Draws Small Crowd, Wayward Pines Rises
- More From TVLine
- A Day in the Life of Jennifer Aniston on Instagram
- Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian Slammed for Being Sexy Moms, Twitter Fights Back
- Matt Bellamy Steps Out in Cannes with New Blonde on His Arm
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' Mansion Is Up For Sale
- Robin Thicke & His 20-Year-Old Girlfriend April Love Geary Make Their Debut as a Couple at Cannes
- More From ET